2nd Amendment Debate. - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 2nd Amendment Debate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall
Lets see, you can't vote at 18, because of being overly venerable to the influence of others!!
Um.... You CAN vote at 18..........?

!!

I'm 25 and have been voting since I was... 18....

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

So basically what you're saying is that because you did stupid sh*t at 18 basic rights should be denied to EVERYONE who is 18?

That's about the least liberty-minded thing I've heard on these forums for awhile.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #93
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5953 Times on 2944 Posts
Likes Given: 6322

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Lets see, you can't vote at 18, because of being overly venerable to the influence of others!! A nice way of saying, incapable of making sound choices without being subject to the influence of others. You can't buy a beer at 18 for smiler reasons stated above, decision making!! If its one thing maturity has given me, the ability say "no"in the face of the others screaming "yes". When I was young it used to be fun to be "cool" and it didn't matter what rule or law I had to break, if I thought I could by with it. 30 years later "No" is No and laws are meant to uphold, despite how cool they might be to bend or break! Experience is the best teachers. And "time" is the one thing that can't me circumvented! Let the kids enjoy there youth without worrying about if a gun in the backpack would be a good idea!!
???? Really, what state couldn't you vote at 18? Those influences your talking about are called peer pressures and they dont disappear magically with age, only with a solid moral and ethical foundation. Thats where the change has happened; were letting the Schools, counselors and other teach the "Ethics of the day", all we wanna do is have fun, act stupid like the kids and be their friends!

Thats not our job as parents, being their friends only allows them to question our impact and grounding the same way they do their kid buddies. As far as the rights of an American Citizen goes, they arent given as an age, were born with them! Laws that arent bound by Nature are ridiculous. In some states, a human has no less than 10 government approved ages of transition from cradle to grave, nature says their are two ages, the first being until your ready to support yourself, the second is emancipation because your prepared to support yourself and those arent universally dated ages for humans, were not food products, were all different.

How did 26 years old become a kid (The oldest age a parent can require their Heath Insurance Company to cover them due to Barry Care)? Mother Nature is not wrong, never has been. There is a reason 99% of healthy normal Teens can create a baby at 13 years old, because our vessels are effectively prepared for all they could experience at that age, natural selection has eliminated the ones that werent viable (been that way for thousands of years).

How do we know if someone is ready for something? First we need to be qualified to train the subject before were acceptable judges. Then after the subject has been taught and practiced, it must be tested. Only then can we be deemed fully prepared to execute without supervision. I dont give a rats ass if your talking about owning a gun, driving a car, throwing a hand grenade or flying a plane; there is no one age that is ok for all to participate and very few that are inappropriate for all that have the physical and mental abilities to do and learn.

Putting an age on anything but food products is as inanimate as you can get. Your guaranteeing some that would excel wont get the chance and telling many that arent ready that because they hit the age, they are prepared! We put ages on humans because were lazy, we want the easy button for everything, thats not right...