The 21st century storm troopers - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The 21st century storm troopers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default If they kick in my door.....

I'll probably wind up dead. We have too many home invasions in the houston- galveston area, and i'm never far from a weapon. If the door goes, the first one through it is dead meat....then they'll probably shoot the sh... out of me next.....

Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffxc View Post
I'll probably wind up dead. We have too many home invasions in the houston- galveston area, and i'm never far from a weapon. If the door goes, the first one through it is dead meat....then they'll probably shoot the sh... out of me next.....
That may be the best way to have it. Better than living in a 3rd world slave country.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #43

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffxc
same would happen here, only I hope I get more than one

Old 02-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffxc View Post
Just get yourself a couple rottweilers. That and some kevlar will go along way to dropping more than just the first one through the door.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Never heard of the NDAA??? I'd get my facts in line before I called someone stupid...
Please, then educate. Where is this bill that's being considered? I've read pages of people freaking out about this supposed bill, but I haven't seen anybody linking to the bill proposal. I'm not even sure what this bill is supposed to do, based off the fact that nobody is giving any real information about it, besides bitching about obama/the u.s. govt/2a being trampled on/etc.

Quite a few posts on this thread reinforce the stereotype that people who own guns are mindless consipracy-theory gun nuts.

That "proof that they're militarizing the police" article? If you did any research, you'd find that the "military-style assault rifles" are semi-automatic AR-15 clones, which can be legally purchased even by civilians in that state. I find it funny that people on this forum complain about stupid gun laws that focus on what the gun looks like/clip size, etc; but then complain when the police will have access to similar weaponry to what is legally available to citizens.

Back on point: where is this bill that everybody is going so conspiracy-nuts about? Not a single person has posted any excerpts from it; if it is a proposed bill, it is available to view to all citizens either through the House or the Senate website. If you want to start proving this conspiracy theory, how about you point out the actual law in question.

Personally, I don't think anybody will, because anybody with a rational mind is going to look at the bill in question and say "that doesn't even begin to do what you're saying it does."

There are two types of idiocy: Believing everything one is told without question, and never listening to what others have to say.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #46

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

here is a link

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&redir_esc=&client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-search-app&v=133247963&qsubts=1328525749223&action=devloc&q=ndaa&v=133247963

Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #47

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It figures that KDKA would highlight this. They have been on my s##t list since 2010 and the winter storm that paralyzed the City and their reporting of the storm death in Hazelwood and the subsequent media lynching of the EMS when the truth was never correctly publicly told. This act has real potential to be a problem, but I take little stock in anyone's reporting from that travesty of a media outlet.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #48

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

The NDAA is a bill that is passed every year to outline troop levels and authorities and partially establish budgets. I believe it's in it's 40th iteration or something to that effect. It changes from year to year, most notably when congress changes from one party to the other which usually changes troop levels. Not really a big deal. What had people up in arms this time was they noticed the indefinite detainment of terrorists clause. It's been there in previous iterations. All the hoopla though allowed an exemption for American citizens to get written in. That's a good thing. It may be all for naught though with the expatriation act that allows your citizenship to be revoked for certain acts. Most of them involve things like flying planes into buildings though, so you know...

Also, I joined the Marines in 1999 and also got no questionnaire about disarming the public and I know it's not given now. The laws governing the interaction between military and American citizens are very specific and basically say no to just about everything. Now, the national guard is a different story. They are the people that would be doing what you are worried about, but since they are 28 day a month average joes, I think it would be hard to get them to do it.

Trust me, at least in my case, I'm not coming to your house to take your stuff. If we were going to do that we wouldn't start with your 30-06 and 1911 out there in South Alabama, we'd start with the illegally owned automatic weapons on Compton street.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrinavatan View Post
Quite a few posts on this thread reinforce the stereotype that people who own guns are mindless consipracy-theory gun nuts.
I think it would be more accurate to say that most conspiracy theorists are gun owners... stereotype or otherwise. Depends on what side of the fence one is on. Personally, I find both to be entertaining hobbies. It all comes down to whether one "buys in" or explores the issue themselves. Buy exploring, I dont mean subscribing to theyer gonna get us weeky emails.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
By exploring, I dont mean subscribing to theyer gonna get us weeky emails.
If you don't keep up with the weekly emails, you may get left off the "If we make it to Christmas" list.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.