Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   2 guns 1 transfer? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/2-guns-1-transfer-27705/)

m72law 05-30-2010 06:03 AM

2 guns 1 transfer?

i have a question for 01-02 FFL holders...i just ordered a couple of handguns from S.O.G. and they will be shipped to my FFL dealer...being that i ordered both pistols from the same place,it counts as only one transfer right?...im just wondering if i will have to pay for two transfers when i go pick them up...either way 20bucks a pop isnt to bad...thanks

sorry for posting this in the wrong category...

DrumJunkie 05-30-2010 06:22 AM

I'm not sure about your state but here in Ky it's more paperwork to do two at once. I should say it is if it's two handguns. A pistol and a long gun it's not though. Or at least that's the way I understood it when talking to a local shop owner here. I'd check the laws in your state though to know for sure.

m72law 05-30-2010 08:12 AM

i have purchased a rifle & handgun @ the same time from a local shop and only filled out one 4473 form from the dealer...as for ordering & transfers..i have no clue?...thanks Drum

hillbilly68 05-30-2010 01:41 PM

This is how I gauge a dealer. If he charges me for two xfers (and you shipped two guns that he does not carry in the shop) I will never buy from him again. Especially if I have bought from him before and have a relationship. If it is high volume dealer he will charge you for two.

Dgunsmith 05-30-2010 03:45 PM

It may be one 4473 and one background check but it is 2 entry's in & out in the FFL's books = twice the work.

Some dealers may charge for one transfer - some two....best to ask in advance.

If it's a real brick and mortar gun shop...they are in business to make a profit and pay the bills to do so. Give them a brake or they will go away ! :eek:

m72law 05-30-2010 03:54 PM

that makes sense to me...hillbill;)
thanks Dgunsmith...
this FFL holder is the only one that we 'father-n-law & i can find around here that has his head out of his arse and close by (kinda)...the other week i purchased a PSL-54C rifle & he did the transfer on it.'20bucks'i was happy:)...i dont think he knows much about firearms(both dont)...cause my dad-n-law bought a m44 mosin from the guy & was told it was a chinese SKS..:eek: ''WTH!''but sense he got such a good deal on the rifle,no harm no foul..i need to ask the guy about that...next time i see'em:rolleyes:

NwGun 06-05-2010 07:34 PM

When buying more than one hand gun at a time, the FFL has to also fill out, file, and send in a BATFE Form 3310.4.
Plus in WA. there is the State paperwork per item as well.
I'm a gunsmith/manufacturer FFL.
For more than two hand gun transfers at one time, I charge $30.00 for the first one and $5.00 for the second. If it is a multiple transfer (more than two) I still charge $35.00.
Our local, full blown gun shop charges $30.00 or $35.00 per item, regardless.
To him, all transfers are an annoyance, rather than an income stream, and potential for new business. Weird...

danf_fl 06-06-2010 04:34 AM

Check the BATF site. They have the form that is required if there is more than 1 handgun purchased. Multiple handguns can be done on the same 4473, but have to be listed on the additional form as well.

m72law 06-06-2010 05:07 AM

yeah...he charged me for two transfers...of course i didnt know that in the state of north carolina,when buying handguns...you can only buy one & take one home with you...7 days later you can get the other????i thought you can buy as many as you want at one time when you have a ccw...guess N.C. is getting weak like the other nazi states:(its all good though...i just purchased a 50bmg...fig. i better get one while we can still legally on one in the state of north carolina

cmhill 06-22-2010 03:25 AM

Depends on the dealer, the transfer can be done using one 4473 however if you purchase 2 or more handguns withing a 30 day period a multiple gun purchase must be filed as well.( this will be done soley by the ffl) one copy goes to the NICS center and the other to the local law enforcement either police or sherriff dept.