Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 2 amendment right to bear arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #21
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16872 Times on 9778 Posts
Likes Given: 43992

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonsprague View Post
Early English settlers in America viewed the right to arms and/or the right to bear arms and/or state militias as important for one or more of these purposes

enabling the people to organize a militia system

participating in law enforcement

deterring tyrannical government

repelling invasion

facilitating a natural right of self-defend

does it say anything about what weapons we can/cannot own so why would the government want to change it. Does the government have a bigger agenda?
but of course they have a bigger agenda. it not about guns, but control. disarm the general populace from their firearms they become controllable. they can then dictate our entire lives, because once the 2nd amendment is nothing more than a memory, our other rights will have vanished as well. they will decide what we are allowedto read and see, what we are allowed to say and hear, they will decide who is favored and who is not, they will decide our religion and they will imprison those who are defiant against them.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

this is true i think the government is highly afraid of its people, because the people is upset with the government. they don't it that way they want the people afraid of them. And to that disarm the people.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

if the public has no guns the government can instill fear in its people without a problem.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1252 Times on 784 Posts
Likes Given: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonsprague View Post
"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

i m a pro gun american and i want hear peoples opinions and how they view the above quote and how you associate it with military style weapons (AR AK and sub machine guns) all comments welcome.
First of all the bill of Rights was written in simple language so we could all understand it. You do not need a law degree or a black robe to 'interpret' it.
The second amendment is the 'penalty/enforcement clause' for the entire Constitution! With out it the rest of the document is powerless (with the arms goes the power) and the framers of the Constitution knew this all to well.

'Regulate' did not mean that there need to be a lot of 'regulations'. If you study history you will know it was used, in this context, to mean 'equipped and trained'.
'Militia' means every person who is NOT an agent of the government! Those who try and infringe on our rights try to make it out to mean the National Guard or Reserve armed forces, which did not even come into being until after WW I. 'Being necessary to the security of a free State' means the people MUST have the means/arms to resist any attempt of the government, at ANY level, to violate the 'rights' stated in the Constitution.
'The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringe' is self explanatory, and apply to ALL LEVELS of government from the smallest town to the Federal level. The 'RIGHTS' stated in the Bill of Rights are INDIVIDUAL rights which 'we the people' are entitled to regardless of who is in 'office'.
ALL those who serve in government, in ALL branches, at ALL levels, took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. So ALL those who were a part of drafting, voting for, enforcing, prosecuting, adjudicating and interpreting, these (10,000+) unconstitutional laws, to including jurors who convict, any person for simply 'keeping and bearing arms' is in direct violation of the oath they took.
The founders intent was to allow every 'citizen' to have access to the same 'muskets' the military were issued. Today the 'musket' is the M-16/M-4!!

Just common sense!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #24
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
First of all the bill of Rights was written in simple language so we could all understand it. You do not need a law degree or a black robe to 'interpret' it.
The second amendment is the 'penalty/enforcement clause' for the entire Constitution! With out it the rest of the document is powerless (with the arms goes the power) and the framers of the Constitution knew this all to well.

'Regulate' did not mean that there need to be a lot of 'regulations'. If you study history you will know it was used, in this context, to mean 'equipped and trained'.
'Militia' means every person who is NOT an agent of the government! Those who try and infringe on our rights try to make it out to mean the National Guard or Reserve armed forces, which did not even come into being until after WW I. 'Being necessary to the security of a free State' means the people MUST have the means/arms to resist any attempt of the government, at ANY level, to violate the 'rights' stated in the Constitution.
'The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringe' is self explanatory, and apply to ALL LEVELS of government from the smallest town to the Federal level. The 'RIGHTS' stated in the Bill of Rights are INDIVIDUAL rights which 'we the people' are entitled to regardless of who is in 'office'.
ALL those who serve in government, in ALL branches, at ALL levels, took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. So ALL those who were a part of drafting, voting for, enforcing, prosecuting, adjudicating and interpreting, these (10,000+) unconstitutional laws, to including jurors who convict, any person for simply 'keeping and bearing arms' is in direct violation of the oath they took.
The founders intent was to allow every 'citizen' to have access to the same 'muskets' the military were issued. Today the 'musket' is the M-16/M-4!!

Just common sense!!!
Well said Jim, well said! i'd go two thumbs up on that post if i could!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 AM   #25

Liked 366 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:

Just common sense!!!
Brilliant! !

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well folks I get VERY UPSET when I hear others in the 'system', cops, prosecutors, and judges, (I have been in LE for 30++ years) make the excuse 'it's not my job to interpret the law, just enforce it'!
I get even more upset when I hear those in the legislative and executive branches of government, at all levels, say they "support the 2nd Amendment" but then proceed to introduce/support/vote for/sign into law legislation which 'infringe' on our RTKABA's!!!

We ALL need to get UPSET and refuse to 'go to the back of the bus'!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Last edited by JimRau; 02-07-2013 at 02:46 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks 55.
Like I said, just common sense!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Thanks 55.
Like I said, just common sense!
well Jim, you seem to have something that many are lacking these days!

Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

True,
But very few people can 'define' common sense.
Well several years ago I came up with a 'common sense' definition of 'common sense'!
Common sense is the WISE use of KNOWLEDGE!!
As you can see there are two components to common sense.
The first and most important is wisdom. Here in lies the problem! In the recent past, 50 to 60 years, we have pushed the knowledge component to the limit and totally neglected the wisdom component!!
There are MANY people who go from birth to a Masters Degree or PHD with NO real live experiences, which is where the wisdom component comes from!!! So we have a very 'knowledgeable' person with no way to apply it realistically, but because of their 'degree' they are placed in positions of authority. Those of us who grew up in rural environment where exposed to these 'real live experiences' from birth. You can't put off taking care of the farm animals or harvesting crop until 'tomorrow' and you learn self reliance from a VERY early age. I am not saying all those who grew up in the urban environment lack this, the probability is high they do.
I think the ratio of wisdom to knowledge should be at least 50/50, with 60/40 even better. But today it is at BEST 10/90!!!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

God give and god taketh away brotha