16 New Gun Bills For California!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 16 New Gun Bills For California!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default 16 New Gun Bills For California!

http://blog.crpa.org/?p=4998

← Previous
16 Bills are up for hearing tomorrow!

Posted on April 15, 2013 by admin

YOU ARE THE CALIFORNIA GUN LOBBY! BE PROACTIVE AND GET INVOLVED

The CRPA needs your help on bills up for hearing tomorrow, April 16, 2013. Don’t forget to spread the word to fellow firearms owners and sportsmen; SHARE THIS ALERT with anyone who can help our cause.

MAKE SURE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD AT THE STATE CAPITOL.
Call, write, and/or email.
Please contact the members of the appropriate committees listed below.
- State that you are a member of CRPA
- Be professional and courteous
- Be concise
- State what the issue is
- State your concerns
- State what action you are requesting

IMPORTANT NOTE: You may find that some senators and assembly members try to reject your contacts if you are not from their district. Sometimes legislator’s websites require that you enter a local zip code in order to email their office. Please don’t be deterred by their attempts to silence you! Let them know that you have the right to contact them and that you will continue to contact them when there is a Second Amendment or hunting rights issue pending before the legislature. IT IS A DEMOCRATIC PROCESS AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HEARD – DON’T BE SILENCED!

OPPOSE THESE BILLS:
TO BE HEARD, ON APRIL 16, IN THE ASSEMBLY PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE

AB 231 (Ting D) Firearms: criminal storage. OPPOSE. Proposes to make it a crime if a child obtains access to a loaded firearm kept within any premises under the control of the firearm owner; current law makes it a crime only if there is injury or death as a result of a child obtaining a firearm.
Assemblymember Phil Ting
assemblymember.ting@assembly.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 319-2019

AB 232 (Ting D) Income taxes: credits: gun buybacks. OPPOSE. Proposes to give a tax credit (up to $5,000), for gun buy backs conducted by cities.
Assemblymember Phil Ting
assemblymember.ting@assembly.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 319-2019

AB 1020 (Bonta D) Firearms: letter to purchasers. OPPOSE. Proposes to require the Attorney General to issue a letter, during the 10-day waiting period, to firearm purchasers advising of safe storage requirements and laws relating to gun trafficking.
Assemblymember Rob Bonta
assemblymember.bonta@assembly.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 319-2018

To contact committee members copy and paste e-mails into your send to.
assemblymember.ammiano@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.jones-sawyer@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.melendez@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.mitchell@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.quirk@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.skinner@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.waldron@assembly.ca.gov

TO BE HEARD, ON APRIL 16, IN THE ASSEMBLY WATER, PARKS AND WILDLIFE COMMITTEE

AB 711 (Rendon D) Hunting: nonlead ammunition. OPPOSE. Proposes to require the use of nonlead ammunition for the taking of all wildlife with a firearm.
Assemblymember Anthony Rendon
assemblymember.rendon@assembly.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 319-2063

assemblymember.allen@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.bigelow@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.blumenfield@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.bocanegra@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.dahle@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.fong@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.frazier@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.gaines@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.gatto@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.gomez@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.gray@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.patterson@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.rendon@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.yamada@assembly.ca.gov

TO BE HEARD, ON APRIL 16, IN THE SENATE PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE

SB 47 (Yee D) Firearms: assault weapons. OPPOSE. Proposes a ban on semi-auto firearms equipped with bullet buttons.
Assemblymember Leland Y. Yee
senator.yee@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4008

SB 53 (De León D) Ammunition: purchase permits. OPPOSE. Proposes to require purchasers to obtain an annual permit, issued by the Department of Justice, to purchase ammunition and limit purchases to face-to-face transactions, which would ban mail order and internet sales of ammunition.
Assemblymember Kevin deLeon
senator.deleon@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4022

SB 108 (Yee D) Firearms: residential storage. OPPOSE. Proposes that firearms owners abide by mandatory firearms storage requirements in their residence when they are outside of or away from their residence; safe storage includes a gun safe or a trigger locking device.
Assemblymember Leland Y. Yee
senator.yee@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4008

SB 293 (DeSaulnier D) Firearms: owner-authorized handguns. OPPOSE. Proposes to require any new handguns sold in California to be equipped with owner recognition technology.
Assemblymember Mark DeSaulnier
senator.desaulnier@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4007

SB 299 (DeSaulnier D) Firearms: lost or stolen: reports. OPPOSE. Proposes to require reporting a lost or stolen firearm to local law enforcement within 48 hours from when the owner knew or reasonably should have known the firearm was lost or stolen.
Assemblymember Mark DeSaulnier
senator.desaulnier@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4007

SB 374 (Steinberg D) Firearms: assault weapons. OPPOSE. Proposes to ban the sale of all semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines or fixed magazines over 10 rounds.
Assemblymember Darrell Steinberg
senator.steinberg@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4006

SB 396 (Hancock D) Firearms: magazine capacity. OPPOSE. Proposes to ban all magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, regardless of the date acquired.
Assemblymember Loni Hancock
senator.hancock@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4009

SB 475 (Leno D) Agricultural District 1-A: firearm sales at the Cow Palace. OPPOSE. Proposes to allow the County of San Mateo and County and the City of San Francisco to ban gun shows at the San Francisco Cow Palace facility.
Assemblymember Mark Leno
senator.leno@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4011

SB 567 (Jackson D) Firearms: shotguns. OPPOSE. Proposes to redefine the current definition of a shotgun.
Assemblymember Hannah-Beth Jackson
senator.jackson@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4019

SB 755 (Wolk D) Firearms: prohibited persons. OPPOSE. Proposes to expand the list of misdemeanor convictions prohibiting firearms possession.
Assemblymember Lois Wolk
senator.wolk@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4003

senator.anderson@sen.ca.gov, senator.block@sen.ca.gov, senator.deleon@sen.ca.gov, senator.hancock@sen.ca.gov, senator.knight@sen.ca.gov, senator.liu@sen.ca.gov, senator.steinberg@sen.ca.gov

SUPPORT THIS BILL:
TO BE HEARD, ON APRIL 16, IN THE ASSEMBLY PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE

AB 249 (Donnelly R) Firearms: open carry prohibitions. SUPPORT. Proposes to repeal the ban on open carry of firearms.
Assemblymember Ted W. Lieu
senator.liu@sen.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 651-4028

AB 871 (Jones R) Concealed weapons. SUPPORT. Proposes to define self-defense as good cause for issuance of a license to carry a concealed handgun.
Assemblymember Brian Jones
assemblymember.jones@assembly.ca.gov
Phone: (916) 319-2071

assemblymember.ammiano@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.jones-sawyer@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.melendez@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.mitchell@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.quirk@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.skinner@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.waldron@assembly.ca.gov

Hold on to your guns!
This year the CRPA is tracking an unprecedented number of bills – 50 to be exact – that could impact firearms owners and sportsmen. Most of this legislation is vehemently ANTI-GUN AND ANTI-HUNTING and outright attacks your gun rights.

For more information on these bills visit our Bill Status Update page here.

Contribute to CRPA’s lobbying efforts!

YOU ARE THE CALIFORNIA GUN LOBBY! BE PROACTIVE AND GET INVOLVED

This entry was posted in CRPA News by admin. Bookmark the permalink.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I've called every single one! I know it will not make one difference in this state though only thing we can do is wait till next election and vote republican! I don't understand how even our assemblyman would want to be the the 2nd most unfree state in the nation! It's so stupid to me! I'm leaving as soon as I have more money saved! Pretty soon I'm gonna be made a felon under these stupid laws! They're pushing us out on purpose!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #3

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampart18 View Post
I've called every single one! I know it will not make one difference in this state though only thing we can do is wait till next election and vote republican! I don't understand how even our assemblyman would want to be the the 2nd most unfree state in the nation! It's so stupid to me! I'm leaving as soon as I have more money saved! Pretty soon I'm gonna be made a felon under these stupid laws! They're pushing us out on purpose!
Don't always assume just because they are republican they are better. Vote with whichever side shares the same values as you or agrees with you on certain topics or laws. Never go in and vote blindly.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

i can say that i trust the republicans more than the democrats, all the stupid people in south Texas just vote straight party democrat and they wonder why Austin doesn't improve roads and other services down here. I can also say that the Republicans will at least screw you and tell you the dems will just screw you.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex

Don't always assume just because they are republican they are better. Vote with whichever side shares the same values as you or agrees with you on certain topics or laws. Never go in and vote blindly.
Well what I meant was to say since those two are the favorite here in Cali I would definitely go republican! In an independent and I don't designate myself to any party! I side who will ever preserve our constitution definitely not like the old school McCain republicans right now. But I do agree alot with Rand Paul!