Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 14 Year Old NC Boy Kills Home Invader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Can you come down the hallway, without the gun?
No Ma'am.

I love it, boy has balls.

And that ain't no victim the deputy found outside.
Sure he is....a victim of stupidity

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 01-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #12

Default I'm new here, but damn !

I know I might be new here and basically this is my first reply, but agree with all of you. "put the gun down and come down the hallway". Don't shoot that gun while I'm on the phone". Not only do I think she's wrong, she could have got the poor kid killed if there was another intruder in the house and he did what she said, unreal we have people like this handling outer emergencies... Wow..

Old 01-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #13

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Damn, and throughout the call, BOTH the Brother and the sister maintain their composure.
That kid has a big brass pair. It took the Dispatcher til the deputy arrives outside to ask how He's doing.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The dispatcher has an attitude we see way too often these days....don't do anything to defend yourself, wait for the police to arrive.....so they can identify your bodies. Nauseating.

At least that's better than the typical 911 service, or lack of, we have around here......

About 2 AM wife and I were awakened one night by a loud noise coming from an unoccupied room up the hall. It sounded vary much like someone breaking in a window. I got my gun, moved my wife and myself to a defendable spot in the bedroom and called 911. I told the dispatcher that someone was breaking into my house. The dispatcher's response...."OK, we'll send an officer....click". As it turned out it was a false alarm. A rollup shade in the room had sprung, snapped up into the roller, and fallen off the wall. Which was fortunate, since it took 23 minutes for the first officer to arrive. And let me point out that we live in a small municipality which is only 4 miles across at its widest point. So it's not like we were out in the sticks, where the nearest county sheriff might be 30 miles away.

In another case, we were returning home one evening. We drive through the city park to get to our subdivision, and there is a large stream in the park. We had experienced record breaking torrential rains and the stream was flash flooding. The road was under rushing water. As we were turning around to go back, we spotted something. A lady had tried to drive through the water. Her car had been swept off the road and was on the bank of the stream, wedged against a tree. It was a little compact car and she was trapped and up to her neck in water. We called 911. The dispatcher asked us for the street address. I told her there was no address, that we were in the city park, at the stream next to the ball fields. She says "I'm sorry sir, I can't send help unless you can give me a street address. I repeated there was no address, we were in the park. She still refused to send anyone. I told her to start units rolling in the general direction and I'd guide them in. We were only 4 blocks from the nearest fire house, I could see the bloody thing up on the hill. I told her to tell the firemen to go out the back door and look toward the park, I'd flash my lights. Nope. Had to have an address. About that time a man rolls up in a large 4x4. He saw what was going on and said "Forget them, I've got a cable winch on my truck". I played out the cable as he waded into the water and tied it to the car. We then winched the car back up on the road, freeing the lady. By this time, other local people were gathering. On of them put the lady in their car and drove her to the hospital. No help in the form of fire or police ever arrived.

So yeah, forget trying to fend for yourself, depend on the authorities for help. By all means.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

His sister will most definitely remember her kid brother's bravery for decades!

Old 01-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1945 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 2893

Situations like the two Paladin described are commonplace.

When we lived in Lawton i was out in the garden working when i heard a noise. Looked up to see a bloody guy leaning against the 6 foot chainlink fence asking for help. Went around front, opened the garage door, went inside and called 911. This dispatcher had to be the dumbest woman in Comanche county, OK. i gave her my address as XXXX Monroe ave. She came back with "1413 Jefferson Ave". I told her no and gave my address again. She again came back with: "1413 Jefferson Ave."

Got off the phone with 911 i went back outside. The injured guy was lying in my garage and a few of the neighbors were outside. After talking with the neighbors, i went back inside and called 911 again. Again the same operator would not listen to me. Went back outside and by now there were several neighbors: Most of them had also called 911. After about 45 minutes an ambulance came cruising by and we stopped it. While the ambulance was there i looked up the street and saw a cop car sitting one block away. They refused to come to our location. Yep, the ambulance was running interference for the cops.

In the afternoon a Lawton policeman i knew came by. He said there was an altercation at the crack house up the street: Three guys fought with pipes and a pipe wrench and one guy was killed.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #17

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
if that was illinois new york washington dc or commifornia the parents would be in jail for allowing the child to have a shotgun without a lock on it...
Not true in NY....anyone 12 or older may own a firearm....had one ever since.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #18

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Not true in NY....anyone 12 or older may own a firearm....had one ever since.
I'm pretty sure stuff like that depends on the county

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #19

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
I'm pretty sure stuff like that depends on the county
you're right...to an extent "Generally it is unlawful for persons under the age of 16 to possess a firearm, However any persons between the ages of 12 and 16 may own or possess a rifle or shotgun if they are engaged in target shooting..."

they do not go on to specify what "target shooting" is. they are also allowed them to hunt with (at least in Niagara County) because we have youth seasons....All I know is I have had a gun since I was 12..have 7 now and have shot many more...

New York (except NYC) is more than reasonable when it comes to handguns and permits...we have CCW....my only petpeeve is the "assault rifle" regulations.

a rifle may only have 2 of the following features...any more and it is an illegal "assault rifle."

1. Bayonet lug.
2. Threaded muzzle for a muzzle brake, flash hider, or suppressor.
3. Capacity to hold 30 or more rounds.
4. Pistol grip.
5. Collapsable or retractable stock.

This makes any tactical rifle kind of boring.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #20

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
New York (except NYC) is more than reasonable when it comes to handguns and permits...we have CCW
Stuff like that also depends on the county. Yours sounds pretty relaxed. Others hassle you a LOT more.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity