A 10-year-old boy arrested for toy gun - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

A 10-year-old boy arrested for toy gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 576 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

When we were kids our toy guns were made from a piece of wood for the stock and an old broom handle for the barrel.

The so called "Toy Gun" manufacturers are making these new kids guns look very real. They are adding all the characteristics (elevated sights, pistol grip, high capacity magazines, etc) of the real guns and particularly the "assault" rifles. That is what sells.

The "real" gun manufacturers are using more plastics and non-metals so the toy guns are beginning to appear as cross-breeds of the real thing. With all the various makes, models and designs changing everyday it is difficult to know at a glance what is/isn't real.

The news reminds us that there are frequent occurrences of children getting their hands on real guns and shooting/killing others too. There is no distinction between fiction and non-fiction to some kids.

Doesn't make it easy for anyone to be sure what is and what is not a dangerous situation.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 11-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Toy or real?

A 10-year-old boy arrested for toy gun - Legal and Activism

The answer is toy. It's an airsoft gun. It looks pretty damn real doesn't it? Real enough that if anyone pointed it at you on the streets, you'd probably believe it's 100% real.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/airsoft-WE-Caspian-1911-Tactical-Gas-Pistol-p/64911.htm

Stupid **** like that can get you killed, especially in today's world.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 11-05-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Rocky7 Likes This 
Old 11-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #33

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Damn blame the realistic toys for this problem? More registered Democrats posting??? John Dillinger escaped from the escape proof Crown Point Indiana prison in 1934 with a fake pistol. It was made from a scrap of wood and colored with shoe polish. Now you can blame shoe polish.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Damn blame the realistic toys for this problem? More registered Democrats posting???
I don't know to whom your comment is directed but if it was me, what do you think is the problem?

I am not a registered Democrat. All I was pointing out is it is becoming more difficult every day to determine what situations are dangerous.

Quote:
John Dillinger escaped from the escape proof Crown Point Indiana prison in 1934 with a fake pistol. It was made from a scrap of wood and colored with shoe polish. Now you can blame shoe polish.
Perfect example getting by security trained adults. Perhaps I'm wrong but when you have a gun pointed at you I'm not sure your ability to make critical decisions and determine if a weapon is or is not real.

~ Holsters ~

We the People...

Old 11-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

When you have a gun pointed at you, you are normally too busy drawing your weapon while moving towards cover and delivering loud verbal commands to double check and make sure that "this one" is real.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #36

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Boy, I know that I am getting old. When I was a little boy if I pointed a toy gun at a policeman he probably would have grabbed his chest and say "You got me". Different world now.
People Like This 
Old 11-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Damn blame the realistic toys for this problem? More registered Democrats posting??? John Dillinger escaped from the escape proof Crown Point Indiana prison in 1934 with a fake pistol. It was made from a scrap of wood and colored with shoe polish. Now you can blame shoe polish.
No one is saying it's the toy's fault, only that they are more realistic nowadays which makes it harder to tell the difference between a toy and the real thing.

Take your "registered Democrat" BS somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
When you have a gun pointed at you, you are normally too busy drawing your weapon while moving towards cover and delivering loud verbal commands to double check and make sure that "this one" is real.
Your absolutely right. If I see you pointing what looks to be a gun at me, chances are you'll be looking down the barrel of a real one pretty damn soon.
DeltaF Likes This 
Old 11-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #38

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I was told to not play with or touch real guns unless my dad was there and watching, the only toy guns I was allowed to have were nerf or squirt guns and they obviously are fake. My parents would never have bought me a real, bb, airsoft or any other similar thing when I was youngee.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #39

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Yes, It is the old blame the gun. Blame the people who made it. It seems to me real guns such as Glocks look more like toy guns. I bet that is the problem.
Hell fire blame the people young or old for misuse. This Liberal Democrat approach of blaming the evil gun is not going to solve our problems.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
Boy, I know that I am getting old. When I was a little boy if I pointed a toy gun at a policeman he probably would have grabbed his chest and say "You got me". Different world now.
I'm right there with ya.

I recall seeing an incident where a kid pointed a toy gun at a cop and he raised his hands and said "Don't shoot" - not too long ago.

It was a different world. We used to ride our bicycles in the wash (tapered sides) in So. Cal. San Fernando Valley. During heavy rains kids would paddle out to cars on surfboards stuck in deep intersections. We put pennies on train tracks and if you could find the smashed penny you drill a hole in it and wear it around your neck.

Today any of those actions could land you in JV court.

~ Holsters ~

We the People...
People Like This