A 10-year-old boy arrested for toy gun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A 10-year-old boy arrested for toy gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
If you use a toy gun in the commission of a felony you still get gun charges.

If the kid had pulled that on me or my wife, he may have been killed in the process. That would have ruined two families, his and mine. I will no more let a ten year old kill me or my wife, than I would a 40 year old, if I can can stop it.

As far as comparing the "toy" gun issue to the 50s or 60s; it is a different world today.
Apparently pigs are flying, because I agree with you.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
How realistic are they close up? At a distance, its hard to tell they're not real. Especially if they are pointed at you.
They were pretty realistic up close, you could tell with a good look but a quick look or at distance not so well.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #23

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Bad parents, my dad ALWAYS told me never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. I used to play war when I was like 8 but my dad would only let us use the toy guns on our property and I would have had them thrown out and my a$$ whooped if I started pointing it at random people and running up to them with it like that.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.
People Like This 
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #24

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I agree with most of the posts. This boy was not just playing army or cowboys and indians. He was intentionally scaring people. In this day and age that was a dangerous thing to do.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

This brings back goose bumps when I saw this. Since I was in a similar situation years ago while responding to a possible burglar in a residential area after dark and almost shot a young boy who came out behind a dumpster and pointed a gun at me. (Turned out to be a "Toy Gun"!) He was 12 yoa! That is another story! But the little man needs his A-Double-S beat! If it would have been my child the Police would be the least of his problems at that point and the fact he was lucky enough to survive!
Parents need to be parents and raise kids not just their friend! And want little Johny to always like them by catering and pacifying them.
Once again it is our society! My kids all four of them (4) would have had enough fear of dad to not do that kind of BS! And if they had would have not forgotten the lesson!
Someone was definitely watching over the little idiot! Hope he learns by it!
May not be so lucky next time! If you notice he was either embarrassed or had been schooled to cover his head with cameras present????

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

beastmode986 Likes This 
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #26

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
This wasn't "playing war" in the backyard like I did as a kid. Their actions were clearly purposed to intimidate.
Yup.

If I did this when I was a kid and one of the neighbours caught me, I'd have been led by ear all the way home. Then, my dad would have got real upset.

All in all, it would not have been something I was not ever likely to do again (assuming I would have done anything so rude in the first place).

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #27

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

When I was a child;

It was safe to presume kids had guns that were toys. Now it's safe to presume kids have guns that aren't.
People Like This 
Old 11-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #28
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6137 Times on 3041 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
When I was a child;

It was safe to presume kids had guns that were toys. Now it's safe to presume kids have guns that aren't.
So sad but so true. Games children play are the same, the perception of the props by all of the players adult and not are much different. Kids arent taught about gun safety, they learn most of what they know about them in Video Games and Movies. Parents arent a hell of allot more educated as a whole about them either, its a case of the Blind leading the Deaf and Dumb.

in 1969, a game of cops and robbers would look the same as today except kids today dont care who they drag into the game. If the unwitting participants dont know its a game, they will do what comes naturally, Protect Thyself. Ask the Nam Vets what kind of fear a little kid approaching with a "Gift" would elicit, it was for good reason that gift could have been a grenade!

I had lots of toy guns, I treated them like a toy with the exception of displaying any kind of a threat outside of the realm of play and never to non players ever. I cant imagine pointing my plastic pistol at Mom, Sis maybe but not Mom or the Neighbor, my ass would have hurt for a week!

Kids today know everything about anything, they just google it and there you go! Their common sense is lacking in many areas, Google Common Sense, if you have to do that, its too late for you. A simple learning experience can turn deadly even if your a kid.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It seems that the police are more apt to shoot first and ask questions later these days. Innocent people are being shot by officers who appear to panic over the slightest hint of danger.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #30

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Stuff every little boy did when I was a kid, with nobody getting hysterical, is now a felony?
I wasn't stuff every 10 yr old boy did where I grew up.

If any of us had pulled a stunt like that, the nearest adult male would have delivered a cuff to the head or kick in the pants. The replica gun would have been taken away - on the spot. Then, it would have been a long trip home to meet with Dad, desperately thinking of excuses all the way.

I doubt anybody would've bothered calling the police. If they had been called, it would have avoided the cuff to the head part; the rest would have played out the same.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

texaswoodworker Likes This