$1 Million Dollar Bounty: Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

$1 Million Dollar Bounty: Sheriff Joe Arpaio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 7

Untill we get back control of our goverment all this talk is just that (TALK)!!
I love my country but fear my goverment the only thing that keeps us FREE is the (RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!With out that God given right we are no better than the corrupt country of mexico!!
God Bless TEXAS and the USA!

Murfdog
USPc .45acp NS Lem

Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 AM   #52

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murfdog View Post
Untill we get back control of our goverment all this talk is just that (TALK)!!
I love my country but fear my goverment the only thing that keeps us FREE is the (RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!With out that God given right we are no better than the corrupt country of mexico!!
God Bless TEXAS and the USA!

Murfdog
2A is God given? Wow, please tell me how anything in the US Constitution is God given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #53
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 424 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
2A is God given? Wow, please tell me how anything in the US Constitution is God given.
Agreed. I'm not entirely convinced that there is a god, but the rights as laid out in the constitution most certainly didn't come from him. They came from a committee of people sitting down and saying "Ok, here's what we're gonna do..."

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #54

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

"Freedom is not America's gift to the world. Freedom is God's gift to all mankind." - GHW Bush

This, I believe. The US Constitution was not written and ratified by God. Many God fearing men endorsed the document, but that does not mean that the rights given to US Citizens via the Constitution are 'God given'. Biggest misnomer by those who do not know. Jmho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #55
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 424 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
"Freedom is not America's gift to the world. Freedom is God's gift to all mankind." - GHW Bush

This, I believe. The US Constitution was not written and ratified by God. Many God fearing men endorsed the document, but that does not mean that the rights given to US Citizens via the Constitution are 'God given'. Biggest misnomer by those who do not know. Jmho.
I can agree with that. Religion definitely shaped the founding of this country, but the freedom of religion precludes any rights being given by any specific deity.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #56

Because all your rights were given to you by GOD!Man makes his on laws but a lot of those laws man makes are driven by GOD!So I believe that all my rights were given to me by my creator not man!
USPc .45acp NS Lem

Old 08-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #57
FAA licensed bugsmasher

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:

I have to disagree with you. The rights are not given by the Constitution. The Constitution precludes the government from impinging on our rights; it does not grant rights. The rights were ours before the Constitution was written. So then, where did the rights come from?

For example... the 2nd Ammendment... "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It does not say the people have or are given the right to bear arms; it says the right cannot be infringed. The right existed prior to the document. They are not given by the document.

This is a big problem in our country today. People think that rights are given to them by law. It is not so. Rights are the people's regardless of the law. Law can only validate or infringe upon those rights. The foundation of our country is one of rights supersede any government and are sovereign to men.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 08-10-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #58

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I don't mind a little blind faith, and or "divine intervention", but let's not get carried away. God didn't "give" anyone anything except for perhaps life. Even that is debatable based on who you ask, not what they can prove. What you do, how you live, what laws you live by, are all up to you, not God, Allah, or the man on the Moon. Bill T.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #59

Thumbs up

Well looks like were getting a little off track here.I'm not tring to start does God exsit on does he not exsit thing.So back to bad politics and let good people live and let live in the bounds of our laws.Let's all tell our goverment
start doing the right thing.Sorry about driffting into religion.But what a great forum this is!!

Murfdog

USPc .45acp NS Lem