Yep, it is another scope thread
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Yep, it is another scope thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Yep, it is another scope thread

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/30880-1.html

Good, Bad?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1246 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Not sure? I love Burris and just put a 3x9x40 Fullfield E1 on my mini. My only concern about that scope is the 1/2" MOA for the adjustments. I would want 1/4" adjustments minimum. It's not a problem if you're not going to be shooting long distances, but you wouldn't need the balistic plex if you weren't going to shoot long distances? I like the scope other than that, and that might not be an issue depending on your needs.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

This is exactly why I asked, instead of pushing the buy button. My mini is going to be a no frills (cheap >.<) weapon. I want something that I will use for plinking, varmits, and the range for practice. I don't want something that I am scared to use because I don't want to screw up something expensive. But I don't want to waste money on something that will break within 200 rnds.
I am going to use the sight rings that came with the rifle, so while the scope is on I won't have use of my iron sights. I was looking at the 1 to 4's but they are very small and or are really expensive. I really don't expect using this rifle much past 100 yards.
To put it another way I don't want to put leather heated seats in a jeep.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1246 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

I have no doubt that it's built well and it has a great warranty. That scope should also be fine if you're not planing on shooting more than 100yards. Each click will move the cross hairs 1/2" rather than 1/4". So at most you will be off 1/4" at 100 yards, which isn't bad. That 1/4" will be magnified at longer distances and would be off about 1" at 400 yards. Of course your group sizes will probably be so large at 400 yards that you probably wouldn't even notice it? In other words, if the price is right go for it. Personally I want the 1/4" adjustment but I'm also shooting up to 500 yards with mine.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1990 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 593

I did not notice the price but Burris is a good scope. I just bought a Bushnell Trophy XLT 1-4x24 with a 4A reticle with an illuminated dot. 30 mm tube. If your mini is new you can trade your rings for 30mm. Ran $185 on sale shipped from Academy. At 1x it is like using a 1 moa red dot if you turn it on. Power off you have the 4A reticle with the center dot. I put it on my AR but like it enough to get another for my mini.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #6

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1879

Default this is my choice for the mini 14

the redfield revolution 2-7!

this scope just "fits" the mini 14 so well. it is the perfect size imo. it is made in america by leupold, with a lifetime warranty. good clear glass, very hard to beat at the price point, you can use it with ruger rings, although i have mine on QD rings and i love it.

i highly recommend this scope, it was suggested to me by some very knowledgeable individuals!

http://swfa.com/Redfield-2-7x33-Revolution-Rifle-Scope-P44466.aspx

Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That Burris scope should work for you just fine, Carl. You'll always get plenty of feedback on a question about optics, but given your stated needs, it appears to be a good fit for the Mini. My personal preferences are Nikon & Redfield, but Burris has a fine reputation as well...

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com