Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Wonderful

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Default Wonderful

This is what I have been waiting for. I want to get a Mini-14 and will enjoy this Sub Forum. Now let's get going Mini-14 Lovers. I need Info and insight into what to get. You all asked for it let's make it work.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Cool beans. A Mini-14 forum. Let's see some pics. Here are 2 of my Mini's. A new stainless mounted with an Aimpoint CompML3, 2MOA dot and Hogue overmolded stock.

And an older blued standard in a Ruger synthetic stock (that came off the stainless above).

I also have a GB model, but it is not CA legal, so lives at my alternate address in a friendly state.

I sold both of these SKS's when I got my Saiga.

Last edited by M14sRock; 11-24-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Mine is about 15 years old, very rugged, reliable and reasonably accurate. I can hold minute of center mass at 100 yds. with factory sights. The only changes I made were the stock and compensator.

Mini-14s have a bad reputation for poor accuracy, but mine's consistently performed well. A couple of years ago Ruger re-tooled their production lines and the new ones are reported to be more accurate, compared to AR-15's.

This one is my "throw it in the back of the SUV, or car when I want to have a rifle handy" gun. I tend to take this instead of the AR, probably for sentimental reasons cuz the AR is pretty new.

If you get one, get as many quality 20-30 round magazines as you can in case the AWB comes back at us. Ruger's selling 20 round mags again, and there are some quality after market mags as well. But, beware of cheap gun show mags. Most are crap.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved