Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > What is a good price to pay for a mini 14?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
longunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,162
Liked 184 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

hey, i get it! but, i still think the best advice is to wait it out. wrong market.

i'd bet inside of 2013, you will be able to get a new mini for under $800 (no mini should cost more). until then, enjoy that 10/22...if you can find the ammo...
I'm with you man I'm goin to wait for the surplus and low prices
__________________

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

longunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kiabe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 499
Liked 59 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

Be careful though because not all mini 14s are chambered in 5.56 some are only .223 so make sure they are marked 5.56

__________________
kiabe1 is offline  
vincent Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jimogden1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 854
Liked 319 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
$800-900 for used $1000-1200 for new. I saw a new mini 30 for $1050
I've been seeing em for more than that
__________________
jimogden1984 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bamashooter68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: cullman,alabama
Posts: 592
Liked 178 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiabe1 View Post
Be careful though because not all mini 14s are chambered in 5.56 some are only .223 so make sure they are marked 5.56
The only one that isnt 5.56 chambered is the Target model which has an actual 223 chamber. All other mini 14's and ranch rifles are 5.56/Nato.
__________________
bamashooter68 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 467
Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
I've been seeing em for more than that
I believe what's going to happen is that now that the prices are up with the beginning of Obama's second term and all the noise of Sandy Hook being vomited up on a nearly daily basis with all the anti 2nd Amendment, absolutely Constitution ignorant treasonous so called Americans hard at work destroying what's left of our freedoms, we are probably going to see the prices of firearms permanently at higher levels. If these POS's can't eliminate firearms ownership they will strive to make them so expensive that the average person can no longer afford them.
__________________
Viking is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 467
Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
The only one that isnt 5.56 chambered is the Target model which has an actual 223 chamber. All other mini 14's and ranch rifles are 5.56/Nato.
I don't know where this misunderstanding comes from but if you have a manual that came with your Mini 14 or Mini 14 Ranch it states that 5.56 can be used. If you don't have an owners manual it can be downloaded from the Ruger Firearms site.
__________________
Viking is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jimogden1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 854
Liked 319 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I believe what's going to happen is that now that the prices are up with the beginning of Obama's second term and all the noise of Sandy Hook being vomited up on a nearly daily basis with all the anti 2nd Amendment, absolutely Constitution ignorant treasonous so called Americans hard at work destroying what's left of our freedoms, we are probably going to see the prices of firearms permanently at higher levels. If these POS's can't eliminate firearms ownership they will strive to make them so expensive that the average person can no longer afford them.
I'm really hoping that the scare will end and all that people who bought these guns just to suit in the safe will be selling them...a bunch of like new guns at used prices. I might be dreaming though.
__________________
jimogden1984 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

When Clinton and Gore forced the ASWB into law prices went crazy. The prices on primers were selling for $100 dollars a 1,000. Semi Auto Sporting rifles were very high.
The prices dropped and gun owners were selling to pay off their credit cards.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #49
Unpopulist
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cattledog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland,OR
Posts: 1,459
Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default

The mini's will come back down with everything else. The AWB 2013 is not going to happen. (I really need to start copy/pasting this rant) write your congress. give to the NRA! and ...

http://youtu.be/Lv3AY1zTzaE

__________________
Join the NRA Here!


"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
Cattledog is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 467
Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
I'm really hoping that the scare will end and all that people who bought these guns just to suit in the safe will be selling them...a bunch of like new guns at used prices. I might be dreaming though.
You may not be dreaming as this is a likely scenario, kind of like getting unused generators after Y-2000. This might just be where the good prices will be, and I hope I'm not just dreaming.
__________________
Viking is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Good price for used .45? Glockpotion23 M&P Forum 3 02-10-2013 02:49 PM
Good price for s&w ar Applin88 AR-15 Discussion 24 08-14-2012 07:17 AM
good used price for G29? Broke124 Glock Forum 2 01-05-2012 07:08 PM
Is this a good price? jca1 Ammunition & Reloading 1 10-05-2010 04:40 AM
Mini 14 sale price GREASEMONKEY Mini-14 Forum 5 11-13-2009 02:59 AM