Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > What is a good price to pay for a mini 14?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx
Oh wow... I didn't know they were that expensive. I will have to pass on that for now. Thanks for the input folks!
To me they are worth about 1/3 of their price. Pass on that investment cast piece and get something better.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #12

Liked 2368 Times on 1382 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
Don't they sell them at Walmart? Last I heard they didn't change prices at all since this panic started and I think I remember seeing the ranch model for 6 or 7 hundred in a catalog they had a few months ago. My moms boyfriend just scored one and a couple thirty round mags for 500 bucks. Lucky dog!!!
wal mart, yes....but i haven't seen one at any local walmart in about 3 or 4 months.

they should be back in a few months hopefully.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmstw View Post
To me they are worth about 1/3 of their price. Pass on that investment cast piece and get something better.
before or now? if you meant before the craze, i would disagree and say they were beginning to get a little overpriced. still a good gun imo, and i speak from experience....do you?

but right now...every so called "assault rifle" is 2-3 times what it is worth. you think a dpms AR is worth the 1200-1500 they are going for lately?

and what is your suggestion of something better?

Last edited by hawkguy; 02-20-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Viking Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 894 Times on 406 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx
Interested in buying a ruger mini 14 and wanted some feedback on what I should pay for one. I have heard that the rifle is pretty good for a home defense situation. Thanks in advance!
I sold my 580's series last month for $900. That was with aTundra thumb hole laminated stock and accustrut. No longer used it after I bought my first AR. Sold it in less than3 minutes with one phone call. Could have got much much more, but I wasn't looking to take advantage of anyone.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 02-20-2013, 02:35 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 328 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
before or now? if you meant before the craze, i would disagree and say they were beginning to get a little overpriced. still a good gun imo, and i speak from experience....do you?

but right now...everything is 2-3 times what it is worth. you think a dpms AR is worth the 1200-1500 they are going for lately?
Anything is worth it if you can afford it. The scare buying is really starting to get serious. I thought it would be shorter but it's extending all the way into February. Check this supplier comment post: http://www.resist1776.info/guns-and-ammo-industry-report-how-much-are-they-making-a-day/

Magpul is over 1 million P-mags on backorder. I don't have an AR but I do have a 30 round pmag. What should I do with it?

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 02-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Anything is worth it if you can afford it. The scare buying is really starting to get serious. I thought it would be shorter but it's extending all the way into February. Check this supplier comment post: http://www.resist1776.info/guns-and-ammo-industry-report-how-much-are-they-making-a-day/

Magpul is over 1 million P-mags on backorder. I don't have an AR but I do have a 30 round pmag. What should I do with it?
of course. but if you you are on a budget, like most....then you want a good deal for your hard earned dough.

right now, there are virtually NO good deals for AR's, AK's, MINI's, etc. its just the wrong time to buy.

there are other guns that are great guns, and you can buy them now without being ripped off.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner View Post
I sold my 580's series last month for $900. That was with aTundra thumb hole laminated stock and accustrut. No longer used it after I bought my first AR. Sold it in less than3 minutes with one phone call. Could have got much much more, but I wasn't looking to take advantage of anyone.
i don't think that selling anything is a high market is taking advantage myself. would you think the same thing if you bought gold or land cheap and re sold it for a profit? but everyone is allowed their own opinion.

i have a mini and AR, i like both...but the mini is still my fave.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 328 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
of course. but if you you are on a budget, like most....then you want a good deal for your hard earned dough.

right now, there are virtually NO good deals for AR's, AK's, MINI's, etc. its just the wrong time to buy.

there are other guns that are great guns, and you can buy them now without being ripped off.
I bought a ruger 10/22 a few weeks ago. I really need to try and fins some bx-25 mags though. Before I buy anymore guns, that will be the next purchase. I can't even find factory mags.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 02-20-2013, 02:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
I bought a ruger 10/22 a few weeks ago. I really need to try and fins some bx-25 mags though. Before I buy anymore guns, that will be the next purchase. I can't even find factory mags.
wow! i didn't believe you & it does appear the factory 10 rounders are starting to dry up!

they have many on ebay at inflated prices....but....wow

check out the alangator tri mag...better than the bx-25 for range work imo. if you can find the 10 rounders...

Old 02-20-2013, 03:32 AM   #20

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I have not found a higher capacity mag for the 10/22 that gun will function with reliably, I have tried 3 different ones, don't recall the makes, a buddy of mine has had various different makes over the years with pretty much the same result. I haven't tried the bx-25 yet hopefully being that Ruger has their name on it it is reliable.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012