Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Mini-14 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   What is a good price to pay for a mini 14? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f95/what-good-price-pay-mini-14-a-84636/)

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 11:20 PM

What is a good price to pay for a mini 14?
 
Interested in buying a ruger mini 14 and wanted some feedback on what I should pay for one. I have heard that the rifle is pretty good for a home defense situation. Thanks in advance!

blucoondawg 02-19-2013 11:28 PM

Check the Ruger website for the msrp. I won't pay more than the msrp for any gun and prefer to pay less as it is normal to be able to find them for a good amount under the msrp, though with the current buying frenzy that is unlikely to happen.

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 1144795)
Check the Ruger website for the msrp. I won't pay more than the msrp for any gun and prefer to pay less as it is normal to be able to find them for a good amount under the msrp, though with the current buying frenzy that is unlikely to happen.

Thanks for the advice! I will be sure to check their website. I hope they aren't scarce but these people are buying everything they can!

blucoondawg 02-19-2013 11:39 PM

The mini 14 will be one that is difficult to find for a reasonable price, it is one of the so called "assault weapons" :rolleyes:

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 1144809)
The mini 14 will be one that is difficult to find for a reasonable price, it is one of the so called "assault weapons" :rolleyes:

:( Well my hunt will begin soon. What round is it chambered in? If I am not mistaken, it is a 5.56/.223 variant?

blucoondawg 02-19-2013 11:44 PM

Yes the 14 is 223/5.56 the Mini 30 is 7.62x39

tri70 02-19-2013 11:55 PM

$800-900 for used $1000-1200 for new. I saw a new mini 30 for $1050

hawkguy 02-20-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molonlabexx (Post 1144777)
Interested in buying a ruger mini 14 and wanted some feedback on what I should pay for one. I have heard that the rifle is pretty good for a home defense situation. Thanks in advance!

the mini is a great rifle, but in this market.....:confused:

i dunno, you could get a standard mini for about $650-700 before the craze. i paid 675 for my new stainless just a few years back.

now? this is a seller's market for semi-auto style carbines. i think at the moment, i'd search the market for a good bolt or lever action...both of which can still be found for a reasonable price. i'd wait it out for a mini for a few months.

but if you gotta have it now...i would think $900-1200 is probably going to be what you are looking at, unless you find a deal.

longunner 02-20-2013 01:53 AM

Don't they sell them at Walmart? Last I heard they didn't change prices at all since this panic started and I think I remember seeing the ranch model for 6 or 7 hundred in a catalog they had a few months ago. My moms boyfriend just scored one and a couple thirty round mags for 500 bucks. Lucky dog!!!

molonlabexx 02-20-2013 01:55 AM

:eek: Oh wow... I didn't know they were that expensive. I will have to pass on that for now. Thanks for the input folks!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.