Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Want to put life back in a junk mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2308 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes213 View Post
I have had this old junk no name 30 round mag for a year or so and it worked for about 90 rounds, long story short every round now gets slammed in to the lower lip and will not chamber?

When sliding the round foreword the bullets tip is not lifting up at all in order to line up with the chamber, if you guys know any way to get the bullet ta pop up before exiting the magazine lips it would be a big help.
glad to see you made it over to FTF.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yeah buddy, got my butt here as soon as you sent me the link and even gave this site the heads up on who referred me.
Must say the pace is slow but that helps me keep up and i ain't seen any post in which some know it all is craping on others advice.

Did i miss it or is there no dedicated AR-10 section?

Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes213 View Post
Yeah buddy, got my butt here as soon as you sent me the link and even gave this site the heads up on who referred me.
Must say the pace is slow but that helps me keep up and i ain't seen any post in which some know it all is craping on others advice.

Did i miss it or is there no dedicated AR-10 section?
hmmmm....don't know about the AR-10 section, but the AR-15 forum has got some pretty knowledgeable folks.

you got a mini, right? you are welocme to jump in the shooting challenge, the more, the merrier imo.

and yeah, very little crap on this forum.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

yeah man i got a mini-14 with ATI, i might be going for the challenge my next time out but i know better then to talk big in the forum before i try it.

I picked up an armalite AR-10 a while back thats why i was asking about it.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
hmmmm....don't know about the AR-10 section, but the AR-15 forum has got some pretty knowledgeable folks.

you got a mini, right? you are welocme to jump in the shooting challenge, the more, the merrier imo.

and yeah, very little crap on this forum.
Hawkguy;
I just picked up a new ATI Mini-14 stock, with all the accessories and with Ruger emblems on it, off of Flea-bay...

I can't put it on a Mini, while living in California, however, I won't be in the land of the Fruits, Flakes and Nuts forever.

Bill

Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
Hawkguy;
I just picked up a new ATI Mini-14 stock, with all the accessories and with Ruger emblems on it, off of Flea-bay...

I can't put it on a Mini, while living in California, however, I won't be in the land of the Fruits, Flakes and Nuts forever.

Bill
sweet, but i would bury it in your backyard.....just to be on the safe side.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Hawk is right you might wanna just go ahead and send it to me so that I can keep it for you until you get out of california, I'd hate to see them take it from you.