Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > UltiMAK optics mount questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default UltiMAK optics mount questions

Anybody have the UltiMak forward optics mount on their Mini ? How do like it ? Is it a quality part or just mall ninja junk ? What optics are you using with it ? What replacement stock (if any) are you using with it ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

From everything I have read, this is a quality item. Remember, though, that an optic placed that far forward will require you to consider eye relief as an issue. That eliminates most traditional magnification scopes. If you go this route, have a look at some red dot & reflex style optics instead...

(Oh, I think it's compatible with all stocks, so you shouldn't have to invest in a new stock unless you just want to go with the 100% tactical look.)

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com

Old 11-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I am planning on a Red Dot sight, so eye relief isn't an issue. The Mini has a Butler Creek folder on it now and I also got the original wood stock, so I was just wondering if there are any fitment issues with aftermarket stock and the UltiMak. Thanks for the reply.