Tired of the Hate and lack of mutual respect - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Tired of the Hate and lack of mutual respect

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by General-Logic View Post
That would be a facetious taunt I believe. A flame would be more like screw AR15s they suck or Mini 14s are for Hollyweird.
I've owned Minis as well as ARs and they are so different that comparing them is as laughable as comparing them to AR180s.
Everyone has their favorite and it's really hard to convince them the other is better. Personally I like most anything that goes bang and makes Liberals crap their panties.

I agree though, if there is a reserved area for it, thats where the thread about it should begin. Being a snail-like n00b here and having no idea about the forum jargon, history, mythos or anything...it's difficult to simply jump into a debate about something with both feet like I own the place. I'd be glad to hang back silently if it helps.
No dice-we all want your feedback. So please keep chiming in and don't hang back.

The OP was not directed at how cool Mini 14's are. It was directed at Respect.

I could not care less if one member does not like a certain gun. But I do care when a member denigrates another member for liking a certain gun.

I care because it makes gun-owners look like hot headed, undisciplined, combative, violent people. Which is exactly how the media portrays us.

Anything that makes gun owners look bad ticks me off.

If we don't ramp up the mutual respect, all we do is reinforce the lefties negative opinions of us.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep. I have a 1911 addiction that is nearly critical. Glock folks think I'm nuts. I wouldn't want them to say as much but some ribbing is expected. AR vs AK...ever seen THAT debate?

I want to be a ball turret gunner.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by General-Logic View Post
Yep. I have a 1911 addiction that is nearly critical. Glock folks think I'm nuts. I wouldn't want them to say as much but some ribbing is expected. AR vs AK...ever seen THAT debate?
Haha. Passions run hi in those debates. As long as the discussion remains calm and respectful there is the possibility to share knowledge. But as soon as it deteriorates into a pissing contest all chance of constructive exchange ends.

Have you posted pics of your 1911's in the Show Us Your 1911's thread?

Old 04-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My very first post was doing just that!

Old 04-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #25
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1250 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 596

Some people just voice an opinion to get arguments started.Sometimes they are just joking,and others take it the wrong way.
I like Mini 14's,and had a 180 series for years.I also like my Saiga 223,and both my AR's.All of them have different pros & cons,just as do the brand names of guns.

Alot of people hate Taurus firearms,Why? They probably bought one that had problems,and then wasted their time dealing with their customer service.
I have several Taurus firearms,and yes I've had a couple problems,but after dealing with Taurus about the problem once,decided just to take it to a gunsmith and get it fixed right the first time.So what if it cost me a little bit of my money,atleast the problem is fixed. Will I buy another Taurus-Yes I would.Most are great guns at a decent price.

If you like Mini 14's great,then have fun with it.Some shoot good,some don't.And if you want to spend your money on trying to make it shoot better,Knock yourself out. Just know the limitations of the gun.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #26

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have an AR, but had never had the opportunity to play with a Mini-14 before this past weekend, when I had the opportunity to shoot Glasshartt's.

Now, you know I'm hardly an expert, so I can only speak to my limited experience of what I personally like or don't like.

All I can say is...it was a blast! I can't say how accurate it was because the conditions were terrible and the spotting scopes were fogged up and to walk out to a target meant getting even wetter than you already were. I couldn't say how accurate my AR was on that particular day either!

I wonder....is it possible to like both an AR and a Mini-14? And, if you like one more than the other.....does it really matter, at the end of the day, if someone's personal preference is different than yours?

Isn't the fraternity of the FTF just about a diverse group of people who love a common thing....firearms....and our right to bear them?

Old 04-19-2010, 01:35 AM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Somebody say bear!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #28

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Bear the verb, Shi, not bear the badass noun.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like them both...

Old 04-19-2010, 02:40 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Bear the verb, Shi, not bear the badass noun.
Oh, that is funny Lon. I gotta remember that one.

Closed Thread