tips on purchasing a mini 14 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > tips on purchasing a mini 14

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwanca

I gotta agree with this one. Why would you buy a Mini when you know you'll just end up buying a stock kit to make it look like an AR?

I thought the same thing, then I got the real thing.
You guys slamming the mini on a mini 14 forum? Funny. Nothing better to do than slam other people's choices apparently. This thread needs closed at this point.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #42

Liked 3028 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 2051

Quote:
what went wrong with the mini you owned? when did you buy it? wait....i still haven't gotten a confirmation that you ever owned one or even used one?
Quote:
and what model of mini 14 did you own? what bad experiences did you have?
Quote:
have you ever owned the mini 14?

Quote:
AGAIN.....

what model mini did you own? what problems did you have?

if you want us to accept your opinion as valid or helpful....offer something other than "x gun sucks, don't buy it." otherwise, i don't see where someone wanting to buy a mini should consider your opinion at all.
**crickets**

Old 03-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #43

Liked 3028 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 2051

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
You guys slamming the mini on a mini 14 forum? Funny. Nothing better to do than slam other people's choices apparently. This thread needs closed at this point.
there is nothing wrong with this thread itself. the OP asked a legit question.

i think my post above clearly shows that most of our uninvited guests are just trolling. they won't even answer the most simple questions in relation to their mini 14. oh wait....unless i'm wrong, with the exception of gonzilla, none of them ever owned a mini 14!

its obvious they are judging something they know absolutely NOTHING about. their info comes from internet rumors. a few posters are here just to start trouble, not help the OP.

i have no problem with a former mini owner bringing something to the table, positive or negative.

instead of closing the thread, perhaps reporting obvious trolls would be the more correct action?

Old 03-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #44

Liked 406 Times on 231 Posts

Yes, report the trolls. I think he needs to take his manhood insecurities to his therapist, not a mini 14 forum. "mosins are junk" lol. Yeah, the super reliable, combat accurate gun that won the war for Russia....is junk. Some people just like to hate for the sake of hating. Go back to your mom's basement and keep bashing gun reviews on YouTube while you eat rice crispy treats and play call of duty. I've had nothing but good experiences on this forum. I love all my guns....including my mini and my mosin.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #45

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I have 3 minis, huge fan. The new models shoot well out of the box, 2-3" at 100 yds for most, with factory ammo. I have shot ARs but never warmed up to them. I see people hunting with AR rifles and I think why did they not just get a mini.

They are reliable rifles, solid steel and fun shooters. Haters will be haters they should leave and go back to AR.com

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

People Like This 
Old 03-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #46

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

last time I checked the Mimi 14 is your basic brush gun. I would not purchase one and put a scope on it, personally. Iron sights all the way, and as far as my eye can see, accurate. If I want to take shots out at 300 yds, the Mini is not my firearm of choice anyway (Remington 700 30-06 for those longer/larger targets)

the bozos putting this gun down seem to be answering the question: would you use your Mini 14 as a main battle rifle?

Um, no. But it will kill your a** at 100yds as sure as a Colt AR15 in the same caliber - no doubt about it

Old 03-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #47
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7342 Times on 4418 Posts
Likes Given: 9057

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
This thread needs closed at this point.
Yes, and it is now closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i think my post above clearly shows that most of our uninvited guests are just trolling.
There are no uninvited guests here. Anyone can join and post as long as they follow the forum rules.

Closed Thread