time for something new? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > time for something new?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Something Added!! Mini-Challenge ?????

hawkguy, The following is from my 182 POST on the challenge. I don't think that we need to start a newchallege, just advance it to a higher level of difficulty. I'm not trying to push the issue, but in doing so, it would leave all of the challenge open to new comers, and the ability to work their way upward. I just got out of the hospital Monday, but look forward to shooting more in the challenge, as soon as I can.

POST 182--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hawkguy, do you think we should go into a Phase II, to keep this going?? As I suggested in #176, I think it would be great to move to 150 yards. Any new shooters would have to beat the 100 yard challenge before moving on to the 150 yard challenge. Just a sugggestion to keep the Challenge active.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #12

Liked 2850 Times on 1688 Posts
Likes Given: 1874

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
hawkguy, The following is from my 182 POST on the challenge. I don't think that we need to start a newchallege, just advance it to a higher level of difficulty. I'm not trying to push the issue, but in doing so, it would leave all of the challenge open to new comers, and the ability to work their way upward. I just got out of the hospital Monday, but look forward to shooting more in the challenge, as soon as I can.

POST 182--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hawkguy, do you think we should go into a Phase II, to keep this going?? As I suggested in #176, I think it would be great to move to 150 yards. Any new shooters would have to beat the 100 yard challenge before moving on to the 150 yard challenge. Just a sugggestion to keep the Challenge active.

i think it is a good idea, but it has a few concerns. most ranges can set up easily for 50 and 100 yards, but 150 is not all that common where i am. one range i shoot at has a 300, 500 yard range....but you must go with RO and it costs way more money. so 150 for me is prohibitive. of course, no one HAS to shoot the 150.

i'm open for ideas. if this something that has support, i'd say go for it. i just didn't want this specific challenge to begin adding & adding, and become too complicated or confusing to new shooters.

i think in the end, it will die away. but i think we could always leave it open for new shooters, and perhaps direct them to it through links in our introductions.

but i think to keep participation high, we should maybe think of making a monthly or bi-monthly, or quarterly shooting challenge. variety is the spice of life, and i think the more ideas we get, the better.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #13

All right, lets see some ideas, guys. Put on your thinking caps and give me some ideas for shooting challenges/fun......

You saw mine....surly y'all can do better....let's get an idea for our next shooting fun!

should we start mine SEPT 1st? go with riverrat's ideas? something else?

Last edited by hawkguy; 08-10-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1225 Times on 790 Posts
Likes Given: 2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
All right, lets see some ideas, guys. Put on your thinking caps and give me some ideas for shooting challenges/fun......

You saw mine....surly y'all can do better....let's get an idea for our next shooting fun!

should we start mine SEPT 1st? go with riverrat's ideas? something else?
Why not do them all and then some? Have several and number them.

#1. All ready established
#2. The second one you just purposed
#3. Riverrat's challenge at longer distances (I would love to see one at 200 yards and 300, but I agree that not everyone can shoot those distances).
#4. Some sort of timed challenge like the mad minute the British did at one time. These are semi-auto after all and it would be good to have a challenge that pushed our rapid fire ability.
#5. (My recomendation) Repeat the first challenge but with 1 in circles at 100 yards. Let's see if there are any sub MOA mini's out there. Of course this is from the person that hasn't beat the first challenge yet.

Just some ideas?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Why not do them all and then some? Have several and number them.

#1. All ready established
#2. The second one you just purposed
#3. Riverrat's challenge at longer distances (I would love to see one at 200 yards and 300, but I agree that not everyone can shoot those distances).
#4. Some sort of timed challenge like the mad minute the British did at one time. These are semi-auto after all and it would be good to have a challenge that pushed our rapid fire ability.
#5. (My recomendation) Repeat the first challenge but with 1 in circles at 100 yards. Let's see if there are any sub MOA mini's out there. Of course this is from the person that hasn't beat the first challenge yet.

Just some ideas?
thanks for your input....all good ideas to consider!