Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Mini-14 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   time for something new? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f95/time-something-new-69326/)

hawkguy 07-31-2012 04:58 PM

time for something new?

ok, we were on a roll, but this forum is so dead lately, i find myself posting in the political sections out of boredom.....not a good thing imo ;)

should we consider another shooting challenge? i posted awhile back that perhaps we should throw out shooting challenge ideas.....i don't see any reason why we couldn't have 2-3 going at a time? or do y'all think we should stick with one at a time?

i had a rough idea for shooting fun. it would go something like this:

pick four targets. only 1 of them can be paper, but none of them has to be.

target 1: SOMETHING YOU HATE: it could be that printer that never worked right, or maybe you just never cared for barney. keep politics/controvery OUT!

target 2: SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO SHOOT! tannerite, water bottles, fruit....you name it.

target 3: A CHALLENGE: must be less than 4" in any direction.

target 4: ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE: must be less than 1-1.5" :confused: in any direction. something like a bottle cap or coin.....:D

you would fire 5 shoots at each target and score points according to hits on the targets. you would get higher points for the challenge and almost impossible targets. hate/love targets are about style & fun! :D

well, throw your ideas out there or tell me what you think about mine!

lets start posting again! :confused:

tri70 07-31-2012 05:16 PM

I went out shooting this weekend and could not find my other target, so I decided to shoot again and did not beat the challenge! I brought some test loads instead of the good stuff but there is always another weekend.! Great idea on the miscellaneous targets! If it was not so hot, 100 plus degrees and I get out way late to shoot.

hawkguy 08-02-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri70 (Post 888253)
I went out shooting this weekend and could not find my other target, so I decided to shoot again and did not beat the challenge! I brought some test loads instead of the good stuff but there is always another weekend.! Great idea on the miscellaneous targets! If it was not so hot, 100 plus degrees and I get out way late to shoot.

hard to comprehend you couldn't beat my challenge, when your target probably came the closest to beating the MOA challenge at charlie6....:confused: well, everybody has off days, i don't doubt that you'll get it done. and post targets anyway, its good for the challenge thread imo.

and the heat HAS REALLY kicked it up a notch here. pretty miserable to be outside between 11a-7p, unless you dig heatstroke and second degree burns.

anyway, do you have any ideas on shooting challenges?

anyone else?

hello? :confused:

tri70 08-02-2012 01:18 AM

I will try again this weekend, it's supposed to be cooler at 95-98 deg. But it was good together out and shoot. I post the target anyway .
For a different challenge I may shoot/explode something with tannerite! :D Maybe even see how many milk jugs I can blow up filled with water! Make it rain in a small patch anyway!

Neurotic_Hapi_Snak 08-02-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri70 (Post 889989)
I will try again this weekend, it's supposed to be cooler at 95-98 deg. But it was good together out and shoot. I post the target anyway .
For a different challenge I may shoot/explode something with tannerite! :D Maybe even see how many milk jugs I can blow up filled with water! Make it rain in a small patch anyway!

Now don't be blowing up a dump truck....

hawkguy 08-02-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotic_Hapi_Snak (Post 890019)
Now don't be blowing up a dump truck....

tonka or matchbox? :p

wait.....did i miss something?

rhyno13 08-02-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy

tonka or matchbox? :p

wait.....did i miss something?

I'll take a case of ammo instead of toy trucks

TLuker 08-02-2012 09:58 PM

That sounds like fun, but I've still got to finish the first challenge. Hopefully, I can get some shooting in over the next few weeks!!!! Things are finally starting to settle down somewhat.

I remember shooting a little toy figurine about the size of a match box car with my BB gun when I was five. A friend of my parents put it on top of a fence post and told me I should be able to knock it off with every shot. That was one of those life changing lessons that I'll never forget. I can't remember who the friend was or what he looked like, but I can still remember him putting that toy on top of that fence post and how hard it was to hit. Poor tweet birds didn't stand a chance after a couple weeks of practicing on that toy. :)

Steel_Talon 08-05-2012 03:50 AM

The best I can do with my mini are charcoal briquettes out to 50 yards. Then its all minute of grapefruit to 200 yards which is plenty successful for me.

Good Karma
ST~

tri70 08-06-2012 03:21 AM

I went with a new tannerite charges and 3 gallon milk jugs, we set them up and I blasted away with my mini 6.8! The shot was good, the explosion and water was awesome! For some reason the video failed from my phone, dang it! My brother had more jugs round and we quickly filled with water and mixed another charge. My brother usually gets 1/2 lb jar kits, I bought 1 lb kits so that was up next! Did a camera test, set up ground zero,grabbed the mini 6.8 loaded with Sierra 110 game kings, fired the next round, shot was good, explosion was bigger and more awesome, water jugs were shredded!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=G2IhqwvHoEM