it is time - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > it is time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 02:41 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3276 Times on 2254 Posts
Likes Given: 1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
http://www.amegaranges.com/
You might want to look at the Amega scout rail. It replaces the upper part of the gas block which should be re aligned and re torqued anyway. Also clamps to the barrel for additional stiffness. It gives you the option of forward mounting a scope or red dot and keeping the action clear for cleaning.
That's what I would do, if trading up to a 580 is not an option.
Quote:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."

--- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
A misquote, unfortunately. Here is what Mencken wrote:
Quote:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
Narcissistic seems out of context in 1920, and it was. The more or less correct quote was (mis)used to mock George Bush.

Last edited by Mercator; 10-11-2013 at 02:47 AM. Reason: debugging

Old 10-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #22

Liked 3204 Times on 1914 Posts
Likes Given: 2271

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I still may make one, but right now I want to get it shooting decent as soon as possible because I don't like a gun shooting like that. It will worry me sick. Figure I can order one and have it overnighted so I can be shooting better groups next week. I was wondering about how well glass bedding the stock...will that help much to speak of?
bedding has a good history from what i have heard. mine is not bedded....once i was shooting about 2" @100 with mine i left it alone. that was good enough for my needs.

i would take it a step at a time. this is a good chance to report the difference each mod makes. after a strut, you may be done.....if you wanna squeeze a bit more out of it, then you can try the bedding or a trigger job.

i understand what you are saying. i bought a rossi ranch hand that shot about 6-7" high and could not be adjusted to fix it....i had to order new sights asap, and could hardly stand it till i got it to shoot right...

you'll get that mini shooting good. remember to experiment with various ammo....and shoot quality ammo to get that extra bit of accuracy. (my mini has always loved hornady v max).

Old 10-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #23

Liked 3204 Times on 1914 Posts
Likes Given: 2271

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
http://www.amegaranges.com/
You might want to look at the Amega scout rail. It replaces the upper part of the gas block which should be re aligned and re torqued anyway. Also clamps to the barrel for additional stiffness. It gives you the option of forward mounting a scope or red dot and keeping the action clear for cleaning.
another good option it seems. i never heard anything but good news about those amega rails....they must be good.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #24
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2578 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 740

I put a MO-ROD on a 195 Mini 30 and it helped along with re torquing the gas block. I went from 3 moa to 2 moa with the Amega. That was from a bench with a 2.5x pistol scope shooting slow with Wolf ammo. Rapid fire would open it up to 3 moa. I now have a 580 series Mini 14 and it appears to be about 2 moa with the irons. I am too old to be shooting irons.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #25

Liked 212 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 298

Well, I ordered a new strut today from true shot technologies...it was only $58 so Im hoping I am not wasting money on one that wont be as good as the accustrut. We shall see soon I hope.