Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > see thru scope mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
smk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default see thru scope mounts

just wanted some information on the best see thru scope mount for the mini 14 rancher. might also want to mount a light.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #2

I was about to post this same question. I just got myself a new (used) mini 14 ranch rifle with a bushnell scope mounted, looking for options.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
smk

Havent had a lot of luck yet, but the best thing i might have found was a ruger to weaver mount that attachs directly to the ruger ring mounts. Its a B Square ruger to weaver mount. It looks like it has a deep groove in the middle that when used with regular weaver see thru rings might make it possible to use the iron sights. Iam still checking on it though. Good luck. let me know if you have anything better. sam

Old 03-29-2010, 01:23 AM   #4

I think I found it

Rifle Accessories Ruger Mini 14 30 Ruger Muzzle Brake Gas Block Compensator 3 Point Steel Bedding System

Go about 3/4 to 7/8 the way down the page.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Weaver makes see-through scope rings that fit only the Ranch model Mini-14's. They're a good match.

B-Square also makes a nice see-under rail-type mount that fits onto the Mini-14's receiver cover plate. It is also a good match, but the copycat knock-offs found in abundance on ebay are not as good, so those should be avoided.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't understand why you want to mount the scope so high that you'll lose any semblance of a cheek weld. It would be a lot better (IMHO) to have a quality variable scope mounted low and turned down. If you had a longer shot you could always crank the scope up to a higher power. See thru mounts are an idea that sounds great on paper but sucks in practical application. You would be looking through a very small tunnel for the iron sights so that would negate any advantage of having iron sights to begin with.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I don't understand why you want to mount the scope so high that you'll lose any semblance of a cheek weld. It would be a lot better (IMHO) to have a quality variable scope mounted low and turned down. If you had a longer shot you could always crank the scope up to a higher power. See thru mounts are an idea that sounds great on paper but sucks in practical application. You would be looking through a very small tunnel for the iron sights so that would negate any advantage of having iron sights to begin with.
great point you have here. I was thinking the same thing myself trying to picture it in my head.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #8

yeah now that you mention it, might suck in practice. I really liked the concept... any suggestions on a good variable scope?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
yeah now that you mention it, might suck in practice. I really liked the concept... any suggestions on a good variable scope?
Head over to the optics section and ask that question. If you let us know the $ you are willing to spend, you will get some of the best advice you could ever get. Just suggesting.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #10
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I don't understand why you want to mount the scope so high that you'll lose any semblance of a cheek weld.
All I know is that since I installed the see-under rail, I seldom need to go to the chiropractor anymore. It's good for the neck...

Honestly, the rail or the Weaver rings work just fine.