RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Smile here's my new mini

now i need a scope!

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x222/orienteeer/ruger%20mark%20ii/?action=view&current=ruger_mini-14_02_cropt.jpg

Old 06-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #82

Liked 2846 Times on 1685 Posts
Likes Given: 1872

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
Well, 79 responses and over 1200 views and only three shooters participating so far. Everytime we try to get a shooting challenge going, it generates interest, then dies out quickly. This one seems to be going the same way. I don't know about anyone else, but I just love to get out and shoot and am always looking for an excuse to do so. A lot of people say they want to participate, but then, never do so. .

Jim.............................
well, this is kinda true, unfortunately. however, that being said, i do understand where it gets hard to shoot sometimes. i have better luck getting out in the summer myself. but the nearest range to me is 30+ minute drive. add in getting it all together, shooting, cleaning guns after...it can consume some time. and being a person with a fairly demanding schedule, i can see where it can be hard to get out and do it sometimes.

however, knowing them from another forum.....steve, tri, and 67 (if he shows up again?)....will shoot when they get the chance. just give it a bit more time. steve has had some terrible weather in his area. and i really think tlurker is just waiting to get the opportunity.

i have invited a few from over at the peeyew, and it seems almost none of them (51colt only exception so far) are willing to show off all the 1-2" shooting minis they talk about. but that is actually no surprise, same thing happened last time we tried to get them to shoot.

but i'm with you masterp! shooting is what it is all about! i love these challenges, even though i am almost always bested by better shooters.

come on in and shoot, guys! the only "bad" shooting is NO shooting!

Last edited by hawkguy; 06-26-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo

Old 06-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #83

nice mini! while waiting for your scope, try out the 50 yard irons challenge! great excuse to shoot that beautiful mini!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #84

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Yeah, we have had a little rain here in the past week. Not much left of the City streets let alone the gravel roads I travel to get to my shooting spots. Maybe this weekend If I can find a new spot that isn't washed out.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2012/06/21/disaster/duluth-flooding-photos/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/us/millions-in-damage-from-duluth-flooding.html

Old 06-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 2459

Quote:
Well, 79 responses and over 1200 views and only three shooters participating so far. Everytime we try to get a shooting challenge going, it generates interest, then dies out quickly. This one seems to be going the same way. I don't know about anyone else, but I just love to get out and shoot and am always looking for an excuse to do so. A lot of people say they want to participate, but then, never do so. .

Jim.............................

It's killing me right now that I haven't been able to go shoot. I've got a new stock and three loads to try!!! I just had other things come up last week. I'll have two targets up soon though.

Eventually interest will die out in this challenge, but it's still been great. I'm still excited about trying to beat the challenge and can't wait to try. It's also been fun seeing what other mini's are capable of and how they are set up. I would say this challenge has already been a success.

And just an idea here, but how about everyone that beats the challenge adding "Mini Expert" or something similar in the quote area? That could generate a little extra interest and motivate some others to try it?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #86

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I am hoping for the weekend of July 7th, I am currently running our family firework stand and it's killing me not to shoot yet. I do enjoy seeing others take their shots at the challenge!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #87

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
well, this is kinda true, unfortunately. however, that being said, i do understand where it gets hard to shoot sometimes. i have better luck getting out in the summer myself. but the nearest range to me is 30+ minute drive. add in getting it all together, shooting, cleaning guns after...it can consume some time. and being a person with a fairly demanding schedule, i can see where it can be hard to get out and do it sometimes.

however, knowing them from another forum.....steve, tri, and 67 (if he shows up again?)....will shoot when they get the chance. just give it a bit more time. steve has had some terrible weather in his area. and i really think tlurker is just waiting to get the opportunity.

i have invited a few from over at the peeyew, and it seems almost none of them (51colt only exception so far) are willing to show off all the 1-2" shooting minis they talk about. but that is actually no surprise, same thing happened last time we tried to get them to shoot.

but i'm with you masterp! shooting is what it is all about! i love these challenges, even though i am almost always bested by better shooters.

come on in and shoot, guys! the only "bad" shooting is NO shooting!
Hawk, I think you were around on PU a couple of years ago when I tried to get the 2-MOA iron sight Mini club going and it fizzled. A lot of Mini shooters said they would shoot and never did. I thought it would be a good companion club next to the Mini MOA club.

Jim...

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 06-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #88

Quote:
Hawk, I think you were around on PU a couple of years ago when I tried to get the 2-MOA iron sight Mini club going and it fizzled. A lot of Mini shooters said they would shoot and never did. I thought it would be a good companion club next to the Mini MOA club.

Jim...
i came in just for the "death rattle" at the PU. when i first joined, it was such an awesome forum, i learned so much about the mini. a few months later....ownership change, forum plunged into garbage.

i'm afraid i wasn't there when the MOA & your irons challenge was issued. i did see the challenges and the results by looking at old threads. i tried the MOA challenge a few times because steve, 67, and a few others tried to revive shooting challenges on the PU & another forum.

anyway, i am not disappointed with this challenge so far. it has generated some interest, and gotten some posters talking. i think we will get some more shooters, some just have a hard time getting to the range.

for me, it was worth it just to see someone shoot with irons the way you do! any tips?

Old 06-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #89

Quote:
It's killing me right now that I haven't been able to go shoot. I've got a new stock and three loads to try!!! I just had other things come up last week. I'll have two targets up soon though.
no worries, i completely understand wanting to shoot and not being able to...its the worst!

Quote:
Eventually interest will die out in this challenge, but it's still been great. I'm still excited about trying to beat the challenge and can't wait to try. It's also been fun seeing what other mini's are capable of and how they are set up. I would say this challenge has already been a success.
thanks, i agree. its getting us talking and shooting and hopefully setting us up for success on future shooting challenges. as long as we keep things moving in this forum, it will be great. after this one has fizzled out, i hope another forum member steps up with something new!

Quote:
And just an idea here, but how about everyone that beats the challenge adding "Mini Expert" or something similar in the quote area? That could generate a little extra interest and motivate some others to try it?
not a bad idea, and i think we do need to figure something else out. my "like" system isn't working as i planned, because if you "like" one post several times, it doesn't build your like total as i thought it would. i talked to the mods about it, and apparently nothing can be done about it. ah, well....its still more about the shooting than anything else. but, i wouldn't be against a count on our challenges. like an "FTF mini challenges beat" number or something?

well, keep thinking up ideas. we'll get all the wrinkles out eventually.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #90

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

kawkguy, I think more will post targets when they get a chance. With family's, work and life it can be hard for guys to get out and shoot as much as they like. For me it is easy i am retired so i spend most of my days tinkering with my guns, loading ammo, shooting or siting by some mud puddle cat fishing. When my body permits it. I try to get out as much as i can because they say one of these days i am going to be in a powder chair.