Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #221
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2656 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 1672

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post

I , for one would think it would be great for this challenge to be a STICKY in the Mini Forum. More exposure means more shooters. The more shooters the more fun.
THANKS to the support of winds-of-change and notdku as well as supporting posters in this forum, this thread will be changed in title to an honorary thread for our departed member RiverRat68.

i think the post above, as well as others in this thread, showed both RiverRat's enjoyment of the mini 14 and this shooting challenge. his participation at the board will be missed. all condolences to his family and those that knew him personally.

now i consider every post or attempt to beat this shooting challenge as an honor to RiverRat68.

continue to shoot and have fun, mini fans! everything else about the challenge remains the same! see if you can beat it as RiverRat did!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #222
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6956 Times on 4186 Posts
Likes Given: 8363

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
THANKS to the support of winds-of-change and notdku as well as supporting posters in this forum, this thread will be changed in title to an honorary thread for our departed member RiverRat68.

i think the post above, as well as others in this thread, showed both RiverRat's enjoyment of the mini 14 and this shooting challenge. his participation at the board will be missed. all condolences to his family and those that knew him personally.

now i consider every post or attempt to beat this shooting challenge as an honor to RiverRat68.

continue to shoot and have fun, mini fans! everything else about the challenge remains the same! see if you can beat it as RiverRat did!
This is so nice. He would be so honoured to know he was so well liked.
People Like This 
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #223

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Great idea!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

People Like This 
Old 07-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #224
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20892 Times on 11877 Posts
Likes Given: 52454

Hawk, an awesome idea and nice tribute to a fallen member.

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #225

after months of collecting 1 223 box at a time, finally got to shoot my mini again! bout 150 rounds flawless through my mini (of course!)

i'm afraid i didn't post any targets for RiverRat's challenge, but i have enough to try again soon. made some nice 1.5-2" groups at 50 yards with my scope, but best i could muster today @ 100 was about 3-4". but i was really just banging away with cheap plinking ammo, so i didn't really give it an honest try.

so great to shoot again! lets start posting targets again. as i recall, many that said they're in have not shot yet....and only the (the man) masterp has beaten the 50 yards iron sight challenge.

lets get this moving again! lets see how your mini shoots!

Old 07-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #226
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
after months of collecting 1 223 box at a time, finally got to shoot my mini again! bout 150 rounds flawless through my mini (of course!)

i'm afraid i didn't post any targets for RiverRat's challenge, but i have enough to try again soon. made some nice 1.5-2" groups at 50 yards with my scope, but best i could muster today @ 100 was about 3-4". but i was really just banging away with cheap plinking ammo, so i didn't really give it an honest try.

so great to shoot again! lets start posting targets again. as i recall, many that said they're in have not shot yet....and only the (the man) masterp has beaten the 50 yards iron sight challenge.

lets get this moving again! lets see how your mini shoots!

I want to see targets!
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 07-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I want to see targets!
me too! i wanted to snap some pics of mine today (had some decent ones at 50), but my digital camera crapped out a week or so ago and has not been replaced yet...

next time out....i'll get some match ammo and try for a group or two to make RiverRat proud. (guess i'll be buying a %$#* camera too ) lmao, probably the only guy in america who still buys digital cameras.

i beat the scoped (page 13), but couldn't do it for irons. time to practice up.....

game on!

Last edited by hawkguy; 07-15-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #228
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
next time out....i'll get some match ammo and try for a group or two to make RiverRat proud. (guess i'll be buying a %$#* camera too ) lmao, probably the only guy in america who still buys digital cameras.
What do you mean you're probably the only guy in America who still buys digital cameras? How else are you supposed to get one? I just bought one in January and I love it. You can get a nice snapshot digital camera for a very reasonable price nowadays. Now go out and get a camera and post pictures of your targets.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #229

Quote:
What do you mean you're probably the only guy in America who still buys digital cameras? How else are you supposed to get one? I just bought one in January and I love it. You can get a nice snapshot digital camera for a very reasonable price nowadays. Now go out and get a camera and post pictures of your targets.
everybody I know around my age (and much older too), just gets the smart phones now. digital cameras and stand alone gps will likely be the way of the dodo in a few years. being the cheapo I am, I just don't want another 100 dollar monthly bill in my life....most of my friends shake their head at me like i'm still living in a cave.....

I left my last targets at the range....but I will get another Cro-Magnon man digital camera and post my next visit, it maybe a few weeks before that happens though.....range time has always been fairly scarce in my busy life the last few years.....and ammo thing don't help.

pages 5,6, & 13 have my previous targets. RiverRat's on 16 i think. i still have the irons challenge to beat, so i'll be back.

do you have a mini, winds? they are good little rifles......

Last edited by hawkguy; 07-15-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #230
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1785 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Quote:
Sorry Winds I don't own a digital camera (I do own 2 35mm SLR's) or a cell phone (smart or dumb type), I got rid of my "leash" 6 years ago and I don't miss it in the slightest.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly