RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default great shooting!

STEVE;Who did the Harris mod on your mini30?Can you recap the mods already done to your mini?I remember you from the"other place "and am glad to see you landed here][/B].

Old 09-03-2012, 02:18 AM   #202

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpboy View Post
STEVE;Who did the Harris mod on your mini30?Can you recap the mods already done to your mini?I remember you from the"other place "and am glad to see you landed here][/B].
I'll go through it in detail in new thread when it's all said and done. Lots of data so far to digest with more to come. Hopefully I can put it all together soon.

Thanks

Old 09-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #203

Liked 3148 Times on 1876 Posts
Likes Given: 2198

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
OK, I finally got my Mini back from the gunsmith. He and I have been working on a "Harris" mod for my Mini-30. We are close to complete, but I need to fine tune it a little more . He thinks we are done, but I say no.

Took to the range today and fired off a couple hundred handloads testing for accuracy and fliers. One thing I found is that after the "Harris" mod all of my previous load data is out the window. Some of my accurate loads shoot for **** and some of my **** loads shoot good. So, I started all over again.

At the end of the day I fired off a few for the Mini challenge. Long story short, these are the last three of the day.

All three are the same load with three different mags
looks like mr. steve BEAT THE CHALLENGE! sheesh, has anyone not beat it yet?

please give him his likes on his post with the targets! (post #199)

good shooting, steve. post some targets again once all your tinkering is done. i'm not seeing those flyers anymore?

again, who thinks its time to open up a new challenge? i think this one should stay open for any new members who wanna try it.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #204
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1505 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 3270

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
looks like mr. steve BEAT THE CHALLENGE! sheesh, has anyone not beat it yet?

please give him his likes on his post with the targets! (post #199)

good shooting, steve. post some targets again once all your tinkering is done. i'm not seeing those flyers anymore?

again, who thinks its time to open up a new challenge? i think this one should stay open for any new members who wanna try it.
Not everyone has beat it yet, but I'll take care of that this coming weekend! I went with the Warne QD rings and I can't wait to see how they perform.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:42 AM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Not everyone has beat it yet, but I'll take care of that this coming weekend! I went with the Warne QD rings and I can't wait to see how they perform.
heh. i was just kiddin around there. it certainly isn't all that easy. i tried some harder challenges many times, and i guess that's what got me through this one.
when i first started shooting my mini with my scope, i was struggling to keep most in 3". it feels good to know after spending all that money and time on practice, i think actually shoot better now.

you'll like the warne rings, they are really great for the mini imo.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #206

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

As hunting season gets closer I think will will see more posting on this one, Gundoc is working on my trigger for my 6.8 mini and then I will be trying this challenge with that gun! I bought a target mini already set with a Gundoc trigger job, man it's nice!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #207

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I put my name in for this some time back and as sad as it is i just got out to do some paper punching, It was near dark so all i had time for was sighting the scope a bit but when i get back out there next weekend it looks like i might have a chance at the challenge.

The groups are circled and numbered in order and i cant say why group one is so far apart other then i must have pulled, what really got me was the last shot in the middle but by this time it was getting dark and i could not see the cross hairs.

sightinginmini14.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 11-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #208

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Im in on this, might be after hunting season i get some pics up though. I did the trigger job on my mini14 i been itching to try it out.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes213 View Post
I put my name in for this some time back and as sad as it is i just got out to do some paper punching, It was near dark so all i had time for was sighting the scope a bit but when i get back out there next weekend it looks like i might have a chance at the challenge.

The groups are circled and numbered in order and i cant say why group one is so far apart other then i must have pulled, what really got me was the last shot in the middle but by this time it was getting dark and i could not see the cross hairs.
lookin good! i'd say based on your tight groups, you stand a chance for sure.

thanks for showing us your stuff! keep shootin!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Im in on this, might be after hunting season i get some pics up though. I did the trigger job on my mini14 i been itching to try it out.
good luck and game on!