Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2040 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

thanks all!

out of the 3 mini shooting challenges i've been in, this is the first i beat.

had a great time. i'll try the 50 yard irons again when i get the chance.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #132

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

what category would a mini with a 5MOA fall under iron or scope ?

Last edited by cuba; 07-10-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #133

Default Can I Come Hang Over Here?......

I gotta get away from the Old PU Scene!I keep checking in over there hoping things will get better ..... but YEEESH!First of all I wanna say"I`m In!"If I can get some range time in soon I will be glad to play along.Second I wanna give a shout to River Rat who lives here in Las Vegas where I reside.I`m sure He knows what its like when you want to go to the range and the temp is 110+.Maybe I can get out there on Tues if I can get loaded up by 7am.I need to get my new Vortex scope for the Mini 14 dialed in,and just cant wait to get it on the target.I have been working with my Mini 30 recently,and the last few shots I took with it were encouraging.I think that the Mini 30 and the Mini 14 are capable of qualifying in the scoped class at 100yds.My eyesight is so edgy that I dont think that I could really do much good,even at 50 yds without Optics.We will see!

Old 07-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpboy View Post
I gotta get away from the Old PU Scene!I keep checking in over there hoping things will get better ..... but YEEESH!First of all I wanna say"I`m In!"If I can get some range time in soon I will be glad to play along.Second I wanna give a shout to River Rat who lives here in Las Vegas where I reside.I`m sure He knows what its like when you want to go to the range and the temp is 110+.Maybe I can get out there on Tues if I can get loaded up by 7am.I need to get my new Vortex scope for the Mini 14 dialed in,and just cant wait to get it on the target.I have been working with my Mini 30 recently,and the last few shots I took with it were encouraging.I think that the Mini 30 and the Mini 14 are capable of qualifying in the scoped class at 100yds.My eyesight is so edgy that I dont think that I could really do much good,even at 50 yds without Optics.We will see!
welcome to ftf!

and game on!

Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #135

Liked 80 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpboy View Post
Welcome to FTF and our Mini forum. I too, left PU after it changed and went downhill a few years ago. I had already made FTF my home before that though.

Jim.........

Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #136

Liked 80 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
Sorry, but no shooting for me today. I can take the heat, but 113 degrees is pushing it for this old man. I also have to admit, I had a SENIOR MOMENT when loading everything into my van this morning as I prepared to go to work. We all know the feeling of having forgot something but can't quite put a finger on it!! Ths nagged me for the first two hours of work. Well a light bulb went off in my 74 year old brain, "Dummy, you left the 2 50 round boxes of ammo that you reloaded last evening, sitting on the coffee table in the livingroom." Well, at least I admitted it. Next opening for me to go will be Friday morning, 7-13.
Bob
Same here with the heat. It pushes 100 by 9:00 am and usually tops out at 113 to 116 by 3:00. Usually when I go out and shoot, ammo is the last thing I take out and I too occasionally get to my shooting spot without ammo. I'm only a couple minutes from my house though, so it's not that bad.

Jim......

Old 07-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba View Post
wish i could help you out here, cuba....but i am not understanding this question myself. does anyone else understand this question?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #138

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Edit- 5 MOA red dot optic

Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #139

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Edit- 5 MOA red dot optic
Get a two inch black dot and place it on white paper or print this target.

http://www.protargets.com/targets/half-inch-center-3.gif

Set the Red Dot as low as you can and still be able to see it clearly in your light conditions.

Place the red dot from your scope over the black dot , then do the best you can to center the smaller black dot in the larger red dot. The black may be hard to see, but if you have the red dot down very low you should be able to see through the red and center it.

I say shoot both, 100 and 50 then post your targets. It's all about shooting and having fun.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #140

Default attention

it has been brought to my attention that the "somewhat official" target some shooter's have used (myself included), sometimes prints to 2.25" instead of an even 2". if this happened to you, its no big deal. any challenge winners will stand.

to correct this small difference, i was told you could print the target at 89%, instead of 100% to correct the bull closer to 2".

and also remember, using this target was never required. any 2" measured target will work on shooter's honor. and if you do want to use this target, simply adjust your printer % to 89%.

just keep shooting!