RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3022 Times on 1806 Posts
Likes Given: 2044

Default RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge

alright.....who likes to shoot their mini?

in a long lost forum, the posters (like steve4102) were always trying to create opportunities to get out and shoot and share. it made it a fun and active forum! i'm posting my first shooting challenge to the mini owners on this forum. my first challenge will be easy(ish), so i hope everyone with a mini gives it a crack!

*ALL CHALLENGES ARE SHOOTER'S HONOR*

THE RULES OF CHALLENGE #1:

1) any mini 14 or 30 is allowed. any mods are fine, but must be listed when you submit your targets. also mention ammo, etc. these details could help us all.

2) targets must be shot at a true 100 yards (edit: IF the shooter is using ANY optics).
edit:targets may be shot at 50 yards ONLY if using IRONS

3) target size must be 2". any 2" target measured will work. size of overall target may be larger, as long as the bull equals 2".

HOW TO BEAT THE CHALLENGE: the shooter must shoot 5 shot groups. to beat the challenge, the shooter must put all 5 shots into or touching the 2" target on 2 separate targets. if the shooter misses 1 or more shots out of the 5 shot group, they must start over with a new target. once the shooter has 2 separate 5 shot groups within or touching their 2 inch targets, they beat the challenge! the shooter must then post pics of the targets AND disclose how many attempts it took to get the two targets. remember, it must be at 100 yards or 50 for irons.

*IF you are shooting a TARGET model, you must have all the shoots completely WITHIN the 2", touching is not good enough (hey, its the target model after all)*

IF YOU ATTEMPT THE CHALLEGE: i will ask for all involved to help me on this. if you say you're in on this challenge, help me out. everyone who attempts the challenge and fails will receive a "LIKE" from someone else in the challenge. PLEASE give 1 "LIKE" ONLY for an attempt. however, to get your like, you MUST post pics of your targets and talk about your attempt.

IF YOU BEAT THIS CHALLENGE: again, i will need everyone's help on this. after posting the pics of the 2 5 shot targets required, then you will have beat the first challenge. ANYONE who beats the challenge should receive a "LIKE" from EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE CHALLENGE (and anyone else who wants to like it i suppose). so, they could get maybe 5-15 likes for their accomplishment.

sorry this was a bit long winded. if i missed anything or something is unclear...please ask. if we get good participation and a lot of mini shooters busting up this challenge, we will step up the difficulty next time.

if you want to be a part of this challenge, just reply with an "I'M IN," and get to the shooting part when you can.

so.....what do ya say? wanna do some shooting?

Last edited by hawkguy; 06-14-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: updates
JonM Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #2

Default hawkguy's in

i guess it goes without saying, but i'll say it anyway...."i'm in!"

i think i can beat this one, but the question is on how many attempts? i hope to smoke it in two attempts for my ol pal steve!

i can't say how long it'll be before i give it a go, but i will definately try it next time i get my mini to the range.

here is 17 out of 20 i put into 2" for an old (and harder) challenge. my personal best on that one.

looking forward to seeing what you guys can do. i predict steve or tri might be the first to beat this, if they're in....

steves-20challenge-1-.jpg  
Old 06-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #3

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

OK, count me in.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
OK, count me in.
what do you think, steve? too easy?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1309 Times on 851 Posts
Likes Given: 2747

Default I'm In

I'm in!
I've got several new loads to try out anyway, and a new Hogue stock!!!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
what do you think, steve? too easy?

No perfect for the first one.

As you know I (my son) had a new Mini-30 Tactical a few months back that I tried to accurize. I got it shooting OK then sold it to a friend. I still have access to that rifle and I will run that one through your challenge as well, if that's OK.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I'm in!
I've got several new loads to try out anyway, and a new Hogue stock!!!
game on. tlurker!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
No perfect for the first one.

As you know I (my son) had a new Mini-30 Tactical a few months back that I tried to accurize. I got it shooting OK then sold it to a friend. I still have access to that rifle and I will run that one through your challenge as well, if that's OK.
too easy for the asi, huh?

whatever you want to do, steve. good luck!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
too easy for the asi, huh?

whatever you want to do, steve. good luck!
The ASI is having some changes made. Duno if they will be better or worse for accuracy, but rest assured she will print out a target or two in your contest.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #10

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I'm in! I will all 3 minis going hopefully and get them in 2"

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin