Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Mini-14 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f95/riverrat68s-mini-shooting-challenge-66313/)

hawkguy 06-12-2012 08:36 PM

RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge

alright.....who likes to shoot their mini? :D

in a long lost forum, the posters (like steve4102) were always trying to create opportunities to get out and shoot and share. it made it a fun and active forum! i'm posting my first shooting challenge to the mini owners on this forum. my first challenge will be easy(ish), so i hope everyone with a mini gives it a crack!

*ALL CHALLENGES ARE SHOOTER'S HONOR*

THE RULES OF CHALLENGE #1:

1) any mini 14 or 30 is allowed. any mods are fine, but must be listed when you submit your targets. also mention ammo, etc. these details could help us all.

2) targets must be shot at a true 100 yards (edit: IF the shooter is using ANY optics).
edit:targets may be shot at 50 yards ONLY if using IRONS

3) target size must be 2". any 2" target measured will work. size of overall target may be larger, as long as the bull equals 2".

HOW TO BEAT THE CHALLENGE: the shooter must shoot 5 shot groups. to beat the challenge, the shooter must put all 5 shots into or touching the 2" target on 2 separate targets. if the shooter misses 1 or more shots out of the 5 shot group, they must start over with a new target. once the shooter has 2 separate 5 shot groups within or touching their 2 inch targets, they beat the challenge! the shooter must then post pics of the targets AND disclose how many attempts it took to get the two targets. :p remember, it must be at 100 yards or 50 for irons.

*IF you are shooting a TARGET model, you must have all the shoots completely WITHIN the 2", touching is not good enough (hey, its the target model after all)*

IF YOU ATTEMPT THE CHALLEGE: i will ask for all involved to help me on this. if you say you're in on this challenge, help me out. everyone who attempts the challenge and fails will receive a "LIKE" from someone else in the challenge. PLEASE give 1 "LIKE" ONLY for an attempt. however, to get your like, you MUST post pics of your targets and talk about your attempt.

IF YOU BEAT THIS CHALLENGE: again, i will need everyone's help on this. after posting the pics of the 2 5 shot targets required, then you will have beat the first challenge. ANYONE who beats the challenge should receive a "LIKE" from EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE CHALLENGE (and anyone else who wants to like it i suppose). so, they could get maybe 5-15 likes for their accomplishment.

sorry this was a bit long winded. if i missed anything or something is unclear...please ask. if we get good participation and a lot of mini shooters busting up this challenge, we will step up the difficulty next time.

if you want to be a part of this challenge, just reply with an "I'M IN," and get to the shooting part when you can.

so.....what do ya say? wanna do some shooting?

hawkguy 06-12-2012 08:52 PM

hawkguy's in

1 Attachment(s)
i guess it goes without saying, but i'll say it anyway...."i'm in!"

i think i can beat this one, but the question is on how many attempts? i hope to smoke it in two attempts for my ol pal steve!

i can't say how long it'll be before i give it a go, but i will definately try it next time i get my mini to the range.

here is 17 out of 20 i put into 2" for an old (and harder) challenge. my personal best on that one.

looking forward to seeing what you guys can do. i predict steve or tri might be the first to beat this, if they're in....

steve4102 06-12-2012 09:54 PM

OK, count me in.

hawkguy 06-12-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve4102 (Post 834017)
OK, count me in.

what do you think, steve? too easy? :cool:

TLuker 06-12-2012 10:42 PM

I'm In

I'm in!
I've got several new loads to try out anyway, and a new Hogue stock!!!:)

steve4102 06-12-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 834050)
what do you think, steve? too easy? :cool:

No perfect for the first one.

As you know I (my son) had a new Mini-30 Tactical a few months back that I tried to accurize. I got it shooting OK then sold it to a friend. I still have access to that rifle and I will run that one through your challenge as well, if that's OK.

hawkguy 06-13-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLuker (Post 834055)
I'm in!
I've got several new loads to try out anyway, and a new Hogue stock!!!:)

game on. tlurker! :)

hawkguy 06-13-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve4102 (Post 834112)
No perfect for the first one.

As you know I (my son) had a new Mini-30 Tactical a few months back that I tried to accurize. I got it shooting OK then sold it to a friend. I still have access to that rifle and I will run that one through your challenge as well, if that's OK.

too easy for the asi, huh?

whatever you want to do, steve. good luck!

steve4102 06-13-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 834175)
too easy for the asi, huh?

whatever you want to do, steve. good luck!

The ASI is having some changes made. Duno if they will be better or worse for accuracy, but rest assured she will print out a target or two in your contest.

tri70 06-13-2012 05:49 PM

I'm in! I will all 3 minis going hopefully and get them in 2"