redemption ....sort of

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > redemption ....sort of

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Talking redemption ....sort of

So here is what I was able to do an hour ago. The first is at 50 yards with some walmart bulk 55gr. The next one is using the brand "Tula" and this is the outcome! Not happy:angry: wouldn't recommend, for this is at 50yds with the same point of aim as the first target!!!! The 3rd one is at 75 and last 100yds. I believe that with my optic currently, I'll start at 75 and get the 1st targets grouping and then work my way out to 100. I know what my malfunction is and I'm working to correct it. So at this point the gun out shoots me Noted.

dscf1004.jpg   dscf1005.jpg   dscf1006.jpg   dscf1007.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7664 Times on 4606 Posts
Likes Given: 9581

I'm a gun novice but I don't think those look too terribly bad. Don't be so hard on yourself. Good excuse to get out there and start shooting a lot more.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default thanks

From these I observe that I have a flinch apparently or that my grip is off. I'm resting the gun on a block more or less and taking aim. I noticed that I do better if I can see where the rounds hit and then adjust my aim accordingly as on the first target. But your right and excuse to shoot more!

Old 09-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #4

Likes Given: 1

I saw the Tula ammo in my walmart yesterday. It is steel case Russian made and I wouldn't shoot it in any of my guns. I think you are doing all right with the other ammunition. Get a good front sand bag to shoot from if you want to see how much is the gun and how much you. And of course practice, practice, practice.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:39 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Noted and thanks a work in progress!