Red dot on Mini - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Red dot on Mini

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
The Aimpoint is a nice piece. We have the 4s at work. I still prefer my ACOG because I can't see for crap.

You are making me want to finally swap out the stock my 14. I hate the folder.
God spoiled me with perfect vision, so Aimpoints work great for me. I stick them almost everything.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
KMO

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
God spoiled me with perfect vision...
Just wait 'til 50 comes...Praise the Lord for fiber optic sights!

As for red dots on a Mini, I gave it a try, but didn't want to invest too much in a red dot, given my Minis' history for munching optics. I softened things up with a 1911-style recoil buffer and a reduced size gas port bushing, and then gave a TruGlo sight a try. I know it's Chinese, but I initially thought it would be sacrificed anyway. Well, it's still on the rifle, and I have to say it does pretty well. I put it on a B-Square see-under rail so I could retain the use of my iron sights. It turned out to be a pretty fun setup. For about $80, I like it so far...

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com

Old 02-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMO View Post
Just wait 'til 50 comes...Praise the Lord for fiber optic sights!

As for red dots on a Mini, I gave it a try, but didn't want to invest too much in a red dot, given my Minis' history for munching optics. I softened things up with a 1911-style recoil buffer and a reduced size gas port bushing, and then gave a TruGlo sight a try. I know it's Chinese, but I initially thought it would be sacrificed anyway. Well, it's still on the rifle, and I have to say it does pretty well. I put it on a B-Square see-under rail so I could retain the use of my iron sights. It turned out to be a pretty fun setup. For about $80, I like it so far...
I close to 50 and still holding! Fingers crossed, of course.

I am a big believer in shock buffers in my M14's and Mini 14's. I can easily feel the change.

Aimpoints are virtually indestructible so I don't worry about them. The Tru Glo's are probably the best of the budget red dots. IOR has a couple of nifty red dots, too,.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #14

I put a cheap red dot on my mini mounting on an elevated two rail side mount. This gives me the option of still using the iron sights. In fact right now just cause i had one laying around i have a little laser on the side, red dot on top and iron sights below.

The only problem i have is putting the optics high enough to still use the irons puts it to high for my liking, i feel like i cant shoulder the weapon correctly and still get a good sight picture in the scope.

just my 2 cents.