Recently purchased mini-14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Recently purchased mini-14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Recently purchased mini-14

I bought a used mini-14 (1999 year model). It had the leaf style rear sight with the two screws for adjustment. I wanted the military style rear peep sight and front sight. I bought the rear sight and installed it. The front sight came mounted with a flash suppressor. I had a gun smith install it. I bore sighted it and went to the range. I was thoroughly impressed with the accuracy and grouping with this rifle. It shoots quarter size groups at 25 yds with my bad eyesight.

I also installed a red and green dot sight on it and after finally getting it on the paper I got the same results. This is a sweet shooting rifle and very accurate.

I want to get on a 100 yd range soon. I also want to try some 5.56mm rounds in it.

Ruger makes a good product. Everyone that I know that has one really like it.

THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS....No place but Texas.
Buy more guns and ammo. Better to have more than less in a battle.....which is coming soon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #2

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
I want to get on a 100 yd range soon. I also want to try some 5.56mm rounds in it.
Ammo is very important in the Mini be it 223 or 5.56. Purchase a few or more different types of ammo and see what works best for you and your rifle.

If your used rifle has not already had the trigger worked, I would suggest you have it done. It will not make the rifle shoot better, but it can make the shooter shoot better.

Clean the bore with some Wipe-Out foaming bore cleaner. It will remove everything the previous owner left behind with little or no effort.

Once you get it set up for 100 yards, take a 20 round shot at this target and see how she performs.

http://www.protargets.com/targets/half-inch-center-3.gif

Old 05-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #3

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

They are fun guns to shoot, I like the so much I have 3 now and always thinking about another one.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #4

tri70

Like your signature. Let us never forget that. If those that see this don't know about it then research it. It is an eye opener.

THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS....No place but Texas.
Buy more guns and ammo. Better to have more than less in a battle.....which is coming soon.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #5

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

It's scary to think about how mad with power politicians get!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin