You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum >

Ranch Rifle Mini Red Dot Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts

Default Ranch Rifle Mini Red Dot Mount

Ranch Rifle Mini Red Dot Mount - Mini-14 Forum

Ranch Rifle Mini Red Dot Mount - Mini-14 Forum
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2015, 08:27 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1707 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Looks real good. Are the sights Co-witness?
US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings, P2V plane capt. Also a Tail hooker, US Naval Academy (DI) Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) NDW shooting team member. VN vet, Bluenose and Shellback.

Alway keep your six covered

Old 11-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #3

Liked 74 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I like the look of that sight mount! Compact and where a sight should be aesthetically for me. I went on your webpage and saw that it is pre-order at this time so I'll likely wait until I hear some feedback from actual users, however, I think that might be a winner.

BTW: The webpage says the sight doesn't co-witness with the front sight.

"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are." Buckroo Banzai - 1984

Old 11-15-2015, 11:58 AM   #4

Liked 299 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Very slick looking, nice to see another mounting option for a Mini. I see that there is some info on the website, even if none is provided here.
I could be wrong, but I think for a co-witness, you have to have 3 sights, so the dot optic will co-witness with the other two ( iron sights), I only see 1 iron, the front.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #5

Liked 30 Times on 25 Posts

Looks great but I will also wait for feedback from users.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Cant use my iron sights , thats the deal breaker for me. Iam sure your product is top quailty, but if the optic fails on my rifle, my quick detach removes it instantly and Iam back at it with my irons. That sight removes the irons completely from the rifle and is it screwed to the gun using the iron sight mount ? Just saying , I wont give up my iron sights.
People Like This 
Old 11-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #7

Liked 3434 Times on 2046 Posts
Likes Given: 2614

i agree 100%. this is a very slick and effective looking red dot system....however.....no irons, no thanks. i want open sights on EVERY gun i have. i personally cannot understand why anyone would purchase a firearm without them or remove them. but i understand & respect that everyone does not agree with me on this stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfire51 View Post
Cant use my iron sights , thats the deal breaker for me. Iam sure your product is top quailty, but if the optic fails on my rifle, my quick detach removes it instantly and Iam back at it with my irons. That sight removes the irons completely from the rifle and is it screwed to the gun using the iron sight mount ? Just saying , I wont give up my iron sights.
People Like This 
Old 11-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #8

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 7

That is a neat rifle, thinking of getting an AR, but others I know tell me to consider this rifle.
It makes sense to keep the iron sites as a fall back, if you completely lose the iron site option I could see that as an issue, but I'm new and still learning.
sandog Likes This 
Old 11-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #9

Liked 74 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadkluch View Post
That is a neat rifle, thinking of getting an AR, but others I know tell me to consider this rifle.
It makes sense to keep the iron sites as a fall back, if you completely lose the iron site option I could see that as an issue, but I'm new and still learning.
Living in Commiefornia as you do, a Mini Ranch Rifle isn't a bad choice because it's not an 'evil' black rifle.

"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are." Buckroo Banzai - 1984

Old 11-23-2015, 05:38 AM   #10

Liked 67 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 98

That looks great. Go with the Red Dot and don't worry about the iron sights. The dot is faster to pick up and will prove to be more accurate. It's a lot easier on the eye and easier to focus on your target. Read the article in American Rifleman from this month. Doug Koenig explains the advantages of the Red Dot.

It's actually faster than the iron sights once you get use to it. Battery life is better than they ever were. Just think. The military uses Aimpoints on their rifles because it's easier to teach the troops.