Question For KMO

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Question For KMO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Question For KMO

Is it you that is making the rod for the Mini 14 Tactical ?

Saw a picture of one with two clamps and an attachment point on the gas block.

Thanks, John K

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #2

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Yes, he manufactures the Mo-Rod.

Jim........

Old 01-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #3

Thanks Jim. Just wondering how well it works on the short barrel. I've done most everything else and have a decent shooting Tactical.

John K

Old 01-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #4

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

If your tactical is shooting well already, why change unless your trying to make it as accurate as you can.

Jim......

Old 01-29-2011, 12:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
If your tactical is shooting well already, why change unless your trying to make it as accurate as you can.

Jim......
Best 5 shot group @ 100 was .092 with 68 MK bullets, got SS109's to shoot 4 into .117", one called flier made the group larger. That group and others under 2" surprised all who were there including me. The green tips usually don't shoot that good. They were handloads, not mil spec.
It's shooting the 55's pretty good also. I need to find the best load still for the 62 FMJ. I'm getting there, but not yet happy with the groups.
It's a darn good shooting tactical. A lot of work went into it to get it shooting that well and I think I got a decent barrel which always helps.
All shooting was done with a Millet DMS-1. The one MOA dot lined up on a 1" paster works great as long as I do my part.
I'm pretty anal when it comes to my reloads.

My Best, John K

Old 02-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Sorry I'm Late...

I didn't know this question was posted, but I see Jim answered for me. To add some additional data, we make the Mo-Rod to fit all variations of the Mini-14 & Mini-30. The Factory Tactical photo on the lower right of my website, Mo-Rod, is mine, and I set it up with a 4-inch Mo-Rod right out of the box. With a medium-quality red dot sight on it (no magnification), it performs as well as my other Mini's, which I have spent more time with to help the accuracy. Jim did a nice trigger job on all three of my Mini's...highly recommended...

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com