Question on hogue stock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Question on hogue stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Question on hogue stock

I recently purchased a new mini 14 tactical that came with the ati stock but being a left handed shooter I can shoot with this stock even modifing it by dremeling the hing to allow my finger to move upward. So I order the hogue stock and noticed that it didn't come with a bottom hear shield. So here is my question I took the heat shield out of the at I stock and used fiber glass resin to glue it in place. Should this be OK for the long run?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

For the short term you'll probably be OK, but order the correct part from Brownells.com as soon as you can. It's just a few dollars and found in the factory parts section.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunDoc View Post
For the short term you'll probably be OK, but order the correct part from Brownells.com as soon as you can. It's just a few dollars and found in the factory parts section.

Ok I ordered the part but will I have any issues with the Fiber glass resin over heating and catching fire? I think that was more of the question I should have asked. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #4

Well that issue was taken care of tonight the fiber glass'resin came out without any issues. It didn't stick to the stock. Good thing I didn't put any glass down with it.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I didn't imagine the glass would stick well, so I kind of ignored that issue. You'll find the same issue with bedding compound unless you do it my way. Check out my website for gunsmithing videos (more coming soon) and they'll help you maintain and improve your Mini. And they're free!

thegundoc.com