Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Nine years, new forum, same Z-Man...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 03:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Nine years, new forum, same Z-Man...

...hell, they even reserved my screen name for me!

Yes, it is me...the same Z-Man who last posted at Perfect Union over nine years ago.

As many of you know, Uncle Sam sent me on quite a "vacation." Not exactly a three-day tour, but, it was enough to get me to retirement.

Of course, many things have changed since we last met.

First, it appears Ruger stole many of my ideas and techniques for accurizing the Mini from my original posts on The Perfect Union nearly a decade ago. I'm still waiting on the royalties for this. Their new models cleary copy and infringe on my prior works...and I figure I'm owed at least $5,785,984. A certified check would be just fine.

Second, after reading through thousands of old Perfect Union posts, it looks like a lot of you guys are over here now. Doesn't matter...at least I found you. Perhaps you'd like to join my petition to get a check from Ruger for $5,785,984. I'll throw us one hell of a party when it's cashed! Think drunken beer bash and Class III...with strippers!!

Third, thanks to the guys at firearmstalk.com for making the Z-Man name available to me. I know it took a bit of "extra persuasion" to get, and it says a lot about the members and staff here that made it happen. When my $5,785,984 check from Ruger comes in, I'm gonna buy a banner ad...with flashing Class III's and strippers!

Fourth, I'm hoping to be able to contribute something of value to this Mini community...beyond the beer and strippers. Seriously, as many of you already know, I have nearly three decades of experience testing, tuning, and trial-and-errorimg these types of weapons. I'm all about smart, simple, and safe techniques that can be used to get the most from a Mini...be it accuracy or conditional performance.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all...but the $5,785,984 check will help me tolerate it!

Z-Man

De Oppresso Liber

/In the time it took you to read this, you would have already been shot./

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Welcome, Z-Man. Great first post.

I am not familiar with you from PerfectUnion, but look forward to your posts on FTF.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Welcome back Z-man.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:39 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Welcome to the FTF community.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #5

The title 'Junior Member" juat cracks me up.

I guess I'll have to learn something about Mimi-14's to gain credibility here, huh?!?!

Since I want to make 'boom boom' before my wife goes to sleep, maybe one of the more senior members can help me ASAP. I'm guessing I have to put the pointy brass colored thingy into the hole protected by the spring-loaded thingy, and then slam it home, right? I know I'll need to have it pointed in a safe direction when I pull the trigger, 'cause lord knows I don't want to put anybody's eye out.

Z-Man

De Oppresso Liber

/In the time it took you to read this, you would have already been shot./

Old 09-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well welcome home "junior" and thank you for your service.

I gave up on Perfect Union too. They seem to be into everything except firearms and especially Mini-14's these days. Politics, Religion and even BBQ seem to be the biggies.

That's their problem I guess, this place seems to be full of friendly, knowledgable and well balanced firearms people that make it a fun place to hang out.

I have an old 183-series Mini-14 that I bought new back in the early '80's that has always been a hoot to shoot. Messing with it a little to get the most out of it has been fun. I will look forward to hearing your ideas on accurizing.