nikon m233 scope
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > nikon m233 scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default nikon m233 scope

Was wasting time looking in cabelas today and I ran across this scope. Seems like a great idea and I would bet that it would work with a mini. It is expensive but I have had great experinece with nikon.

Has anybody tried this scope yet?

For the ones who have not seen it the reticle has a BDC built in to it set up for the .233 round @ 55 grn

Like I 've said before I have the prostaff with BDC and with a little luck I can hit the target close to where I want @ 200 yrds. The prostaff works well for hunting coyotes ( this is something I recommend everybody try at least once).

Sorry if this rambels on but I'm stuck in the house today with not much to do. So it is either hang blinds or read post here. Want to guess which I picked.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm sure you meant .223.....

I have one on my AR and I'm very happy with it. Not sure I buy in to the whole "scope tuned to the grain bullet thing," but it's very good quality for what I paid for it.

Some of them have BDCs and others have adjustable focus. Mine has the BDC.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #3

Your right .233 not .233 need to work on my typing skills

So was it worth the money?

Old 12-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #4

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Honestly, I've loaded lots of cartridges to meet the 55-grain 3240 fps that it is "tuned" for, but I haven't given it a lot of range time yet to get it really dialed in. But I can say that the glass is very good.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #5

It's a great Tac scope for longer distance shooting. One with a red dot may be better for very close up shooting, but at any range, the Nikon you got is a very good scope.

Enjoy using it. Get a crono, then you can find what FPS your ammo is really shooting at and make the adjustment you need to get the BDC right on.
Without knowing what FPS your ammo is going, you are just guessing unless you want to put a target up at every distance you will be shoting at for each different load.

You can get a Crony for under $100. If you don't have one, it will be some of the best money you have spent.

Really great for working up handloads also.

John K

Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #6

Rifleman 55

What I found out was that nikon has a web site just for the pro staff and what you do is set the bullet, and the weight. go down to where the distance setting is and adjust that and it will tell you the rest of the points on the scope. Then I just printed it out and keep it with my mini 14.

I was wondering if the m223 scope took all of the looking at charts or trying to remeber everthing.

A chrono. would be handy though for setting up my bow for hunting.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
Rifleman 55

What I found out was that nikon has a web site just for the pro staff and what you do is set the bullet, and the weight. go down to where the distance setting is and adjust that and it will tell you the rest of the points on the scope. Then I just printed it out and keep it with my mini 14.

I was wondering if the m223 scope took all of the looking at charts or trying to remeber everthing.

A chrono. would be handy though for setting up my bow for hunting.
A crono is also necessary for figuring bullet drop. If you don't know how many FPS your bullet is going, you can never figure accurite bullet drop unless you set a target at every range you want to shoot at with every bullet you want to shoot.
With the FPS in hand, even the $12.00 Lee ballistics program will figure the exact bullet drop as long as you know the caliber, BC and FPS.
The Crony cronos start at about $90. will work with everything from a pellet gun to arrows.
They are a great investment. Books and bullet packages are never right or even close sometimes as to FPS, the only way to know for sure is to shoot over a cronograph. They are great for finding the most accurate load also.
If one load has a spread of 75 FPS between 10 shots and another 14 FPS, guess which load will be the most accurate?

It is great for finding the best lot of 22 or .17 rimfire ammo as well as knowing when your rifle barrel is starting to get shot out.

John K

Newest Threads