New Mini, please help!! - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum >

New Mini, please help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 04:07 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
And just out of curiosity, besides not being qd, what's wrong with ruger factory rings? I havent used mine yet but they seem pretty solid.
i had so-so luck w/ my ruger rings. first set shook loose, you really have to crank them down & then they are a bit of a pain to remove. they held zero decently after removal, but not like the warne QD, which were almost always right on after removal and reattachment. that is my experience anyway.

and the warne require no tool for removal or reattachment. they are pricey, but one of those pricey investments that is actually worth it if you want to scope a mini and still have the ease of cleaning properly and quick use of your irons at the range.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #62

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i had so-so luck w/ my ruger rings. first set shook loose, you really have to crank them down & then they are a bit of a pain to remove. they held zero decently after removal, but not like the warne QD, which were almost always right on after removal and reattachment. that is my experience anyway.

and the warne require no tool for removal or reattachment. they are pricey, but one of those pricey investments that is actually worth it if you want to scope a mini and still have the ease of cleaning properly and quick use of your irons at the range.
And some more gripes about the factory rings...The slots on the ring screws are a pain and it was much harder to keep the scope straight while tightening. Add to that the fact the factory rings didn't return to zero and the Warnes don't seem so high priced after all.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:03 AM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 796 Times on 527 Posts

IMO if you are going to but a roughly $750 rifle, and then mount an optic that cost somewhere between $200 and $1,000 it seems silly to go cheap on rings.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk