new to forum...my mini - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum >

new to forum...my mini

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Nice Minis.
Here's my old Mini 14
new to forum...my mini - Mini-14 Forum

Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #22

Likes Given: 1

I've been thinking of darkening my stock , seeing the work on the dark stocks here on this thread has made up my mind. what exactly did yall use on your wood. new to forum...my mini - Mini-14 Forum

Old 08-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #23
KMO

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
I've been thinking of darkening my stock , seeing the work on the dark stocks here on this thread has made up my mind. What exactly did y'all use on your wood?
I used polymer on mine...

Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #24

Where is the leather tassel or dangly thing as its been dubbed. She looks nice I have a hard time leaning towards plastic. Im an old carpenter and I dream in wood grain sometimes in knots.And no I have no bent nails in my rifle Also can I go fishing in the pond at the corner of your yard please

Last edited by plumbernater; 08-03-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:28 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbernater View Post
I've been thinking of darkening my stock , seeing the work on the dark stocks here on this thread has made up my mind. what exactly did yall use on your wood. new to forum...my mini - Mini-14 Forum
I have to agree the dark stock looks better, mine looks just like yours.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #26

Liked 35 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbernater View Post
I've been thinking of darkening my stock , seeing the work on the dark stocks here on this thread has made up my mind. what exactly did yall use on your wood.
I stripped and sanded my stock as prep for re-staining but found that the 'hardwood' the stock is made from was not able to absorb the stain with any darkness or even tones. To get around that, I used an airbrush and sprayed even coats of the stain onto the stock and let them dry between coats until I achieved the darkness I was looking for. Once it was there, I put a coat of water based wood selant on it and then 00000 steel wooled it afterwards to remove any unwanted shine.

I think the color it resulted in matches in with the standard military stains pretty well.....