Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Mo-Rod Clamp Locations?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Question Mo-Rod Clamp Locations?

After reading on another unnamed website about the effects of the Limbsaver Barrel Deresonator on the accuracy of the Mini-14, I wondered if anyone has played with the location of the clamps of their Mo-Rod (or other strut) on their Mini?

Apparently, small changes in the locations can make a big difference in the accuracy once the sweet spot on the barrel is located.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 08-20-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #2
KMO
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This is interesting...Snakedriver, you can be my research & development director on this experiment (unfortunately, an unpaid position at Mo-Rod.com). The rear clamp really does need to be back against the gas block though, especially on the tapered barrel Mini's. I'n anxious to know how you discover that "sweet spot" for the front clamp...

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com