Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Mo-Reaper Initial Run at Discount Price

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 82 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMO View Post
Well, yes. But, the way California laws are written, it leaves too much discretion to deem a unit like this a flash hider, which it is not. We designed the Mo-Reaper to be a muzzle brake, and that is how it functions. That doesn't mean that an ill-trained officer might see it and incorrectly label it as a flash hider. I'm thinking about writing up a very specific description and providing it to customers in California. Isn't it crazy over there?
Kelly,
Back in 2000, I contacted California DOJ about approval of my brake for sale and use in California. They stated that they do not have a testing and approval process for determining weather a muzzle brake would be a non flash suppressor. California DOJ had me contact BATF for approval, which required me to send a sample for their consideration and testing. They would not just accept drawings and letter of description. Once approved by BATF as a non flash suppressor, a copy of the approval letter must be forwarded or sent to California DOJ Firearms Division for it to be legal in California. Just a bunch of California BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim..........

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Looks good

How can I get one or on the waiting list?

Old 04-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #23
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
How can I get one or on the waiting list?
Just get back to me after April 20. We're in a self-imposed temporary production shut-down for family reasons. After the 20th we should be able to fit any Mini-14 or Mini-30 with a Mo-Reaper...

KMO
sales@mo-rod.com

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com

Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the good news. No problem I will get back to you after the 20th. I hope everything goes well with the family.

Thanks again,
Ted

Old 04-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #25
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I hope everything goes well with the family.
Didn't mean to imply a tragedy...My daughter is getting married in Florida. We're packing up her stuff & hauling it out there for her...

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com

Old 04-05-2011, 03:20 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Well, in that case, congratulations to the Bride to be and her proud Poppa.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #27
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks...That's one down & two to go! Here's the little bride herself...

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com

Last edited by KMO; 04-05-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

She's a cutie pie K.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-28-2011, 02:49 AM   #29

Default Wow!!!!!

I just got my Mo-Reaper in the mail and installed it in about 15 minutes - taking my time. Installation was a complete snap.

I have not shot the rifle with it on there yet but in terms of workmanship I must say that I have rarely (if ever) seen something as well crafted as this thing. It is a work of art. It fit the rifle PERFECTLY and the degree of "polish" is just incredible. It is so cool that it was a bit sad to put it on the gun and then put the gun in the safe. If you have ANY doubts on this thing, it goes WAY beyond the value of any firearms add-on I have purchased for the price.

It is very cool to see folks design and build stuff like this...

Old 04-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #30
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I just got my Mo-Reaper in the mail and installed it in about 15 minutes - taking my time. Installation was a complete snap.

I have not shot the rifle with it on there yet but in terms of workmanship I must say that I have rarely (if ever) seen something as well crafted as this thing. It is a work of art. It fit the rifle PERFECTLY and the degree of "polish" is just incredible. It is so cool that it was a bit sad to put it on the gun and then put the gun in the safe. If you have ANY doubts on this thing, it goes WAY beyond the value of any firearms add-on I have purchased for the price.

It is very cool to see folks design and build stuff like this...
Thanks for the feedback. Word of mouth has always been our best form of advertising at Mo-Rod / Mo-Reaper...KMO

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com