Mini Stock Suggestions for Accuracy?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Mini Stock Suggestions for Accuracy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1497 Times on 979 Posts
Likes Given: 3234

Default Mini Stock Suggestions for Accuracy?

I'm looking for suggestions on a new stock for my Ranch mini. I was thinking of bedding the factory stock but then figured I'd just go with a good replacement synthetic. My primary concern is accuracy and a really good fit. I'm also wanting something simple, solid, but lighter than the factory stock. I've looked at the Hogue and Bell & Carlson but I'm not sure which one would be the best or if there is something else even better? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I'm looking for suggestions on a new stock for my Ranch mini. I was thinking of bedding the factory stock but then figured I'd just go with a good replacement synthetic. My primary concern is accuracy and a really good fit. I'm also wanting something simple, solid, but lighter than the factory stock. I've looked at the Hogue and Bell & Carlson but I'm not sure which one would be the best or if there is something else even better? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Go to the Accuracy Systems Inc. web site and look at the bedding job they do on a standard Ruger Mini-14 stock. They have a great system that stabalizes the rifle in it's stock.

They Glass bed the rifle, then add three screws, that assure the rifle is held into the stock by more than just the trigger assy.

http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/index.php

Bill