The mini gallery - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > The mini gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Congratulations!

Hawkguy, ever since I've been looking at the mini composite hand-guard you've gotten yourself on that wonderful 14, have really hate to think about the stock!

Old 08-26-2011, 05:27 AM   #32
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Picture. Range time tomorrow.

forumrunner_20110826_012734.jpg  

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #33

Looking good!

Can't wait for a range report. Nothing better than a stack of mini 14's!

Old 08-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Hawkguy, ever since I've been looking at the mini composite hand-guard you've gotten yourself on that wonderful 14,
its a choate handguard. easy to find, install & cheap! personally, i think it looks much better than the factory handguard. i've always wanted a wood handguard, but they are hard to find, pricey, and probably vent poorly. but man, are they sweet looking! here is the choate:

Choate Ventilated Handguard Ruger Mini-14, Mini-30 Synthetic Black - MidwayUSA

Quote:
have really hate to think about the stock
i think this must have been a typo? whose stock are you talking about?
sorry, i don't understand..

and sorry it took so long to reply. as you see, i have a new username. i am still trying to figure out what happened. i was banned for "spamming." the thing is, i wouldn't even begin to know how to "spam." well, i'm trying to contact mods and figure it out.

Last edited by hawkguy2; 08-27-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy2 View Post
its a choate handguard. easy to find, install & cheap! personally, i think it looks much better than the factory handguard. i've always wanted a wood handguard, but they are hard to find, pricey, and probably vent poorly. but man, are they sweet looking! here is the choate:

Choate Ventilated Handguard Ruger Mini-14, Mini-30 Synthetic Black - MidwayUSA

i think this must have been a typo? whose stock are you talking about?
sorry, i don't understand..

and sorry it took so long to reply. as you see, i have a new username. i am still trying to figure out what happened. i was banned for "spamming." the thing is, i wouldn't even begin to know how to "spam." well, i'm trying to contact mods and figure it out.
The stock hand-guard. Excuse my incomplete sentence. I have been looking at the Choate hand-guard for the past few months, so far it looks and seems wonderful to have.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #36

If I ever plan on purchasing another mini-14 in the future, I am going for the Choate for the wood stock

The Clyde Armory SCAR stock is just refusing it, and even if it did work well it wouldn't look that wonderful after all.
Going Eotech 516 once I pick the rifle up. May put it on the hand-guard. I don't see how the receiver will work.

Last edited by Rarity; 08-27-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #37

Quote:
Zoey;570781]If I ever plan on purchasing another mini-14 in the future, I am going for the Choate for the wood stock
i don't think you need to buy another mini myself. a lot of mini owners just use one mini and change its set up periodically. just buy the wood stock & choate HG, and swap from your scar to the wood every now & then. you will have to re-zero everytime you swap stocks, but it's cheaper than buying a new rifle for sure. of course, having two is always better than one, right? i would never try to talk you out of buying another mini, but if youre on a budget, you could just buy the stocks & get both looks.

Quote:
The Clyde Armory SCAR stock is just refusing it, and even if it did work well it wouldn't look that wonderful after all.
Going Eotech 516 once I pick the rifle up. May put it on the hand-guard. I don't see how the receiver will work.
i think most people consider the SCAR stocks to be the cadillac of tactical stocks! they are said to be GREAT stocks. and i have gotten to shoot with an eotech once (on an AR) & it is an outstanding optic. sounds like you will have a helluva set up to me!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
Picture. Range time tomorrow.
ahhh...memories. this is exactly what my mini looked like before i began "tinkering" with it. i love stainless firearms myself. have fun with it & tell us how it shoots. but remember, don't expect much for the first 200 rounds or so. minis need some break in time! mine was all over the place until i put 200-300 through it, then it got better & i began accurizing it.

i suggest as soon as you can, even & torque the gas block. see master p's info on the mini stickies here. good stuff!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #39
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I got to the range today. Mine was used so the breaking in of the rifle had already been done. It was more accurate than I was expecting. I was able to consistently hit a steel plate about 12 inches across by 8 inches high at 200 yards. I love the way it feels and the way it shoots. It is now my favorite rifle. Forgot pictures. I was having too much fun shooting.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #40

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
Forgot pictures. I was having too much fun shooting.
That´s what usually happens with new toys, don´t feel bad about it. I´d love to get a Mini-14 they look soo nice. Getting a permit to acquire is an other matter though...

Last edited by AleksiR; 08-29-2011 at 04:08 PM.