You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum >

Mini bluing blues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6426 Times on 3725 Posts
Likes Given: 31569

Default Older, worn, and battle scarred!

The title says it all. I have only bought 2 new guns in the last 20 years. Every scratch, dent, ding,wear mark, and nick tell a story. My mini is a 1994 GB\20 SS that I bought from a friend so he could pay his rent, and feed his kids. The scratch on the heat shield? Forgoten limb on his natural blind during a late night coyote hunt. The ding in the butt plate? A rock on the ground when lowering the unloaded rifle from a tree stand where the rope slipped from his hand 2 feet off the ground. There are more finish imperfections on that rifle than I can count. Overall they say one thing. "I have been used, worked with, and relied upon for years. I will not fail you when you need me the most. Slam me around, I can take it."

Yes my mini is my baby. I adopted her because she is tougher than I am. I will not dishonor the friend who sold it to me by fixing these little imperfections. They are what he and I both love about this rifle. And yes, I did tell him if he ever wants it back, I will sell it back to him for what I paid. Part of me hopes he will stay happy with the range vistation that he currently has, I'm kind of attatched to her.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold the Southern Values I was raised with.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY

If it's a nice enough day to wash the bike, it's d@mn well also a nice enough day to be riding it instead.

Last edited by kfox75; 12-22-2012 at 08:21 PM.
People Like This