Mini bluing blues - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Mini bluing blues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #11
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8106

Default Older, worn, and battle scarred!

The title says it all. I have only bought 2 new guns in the last 20 years. Every scratch, dent, ding,wear mark, and nick tell a story. My mini is a 1994 GB\20 SS that I bought from a friend so he could pay his rent, and feed his kids. The scratch on the heat shield? Forgoten limb on his natural blind during a late night coyote hunt. The ding in the butt plate? A rock on the ground when lowering the unloaded rifle from a tree stand where the rope slipped from his hand 2 feet off the ground. There are more finish imperfections on that rifle than I can count. Overall they say one thing. "I have been used, worked with, and relied upon for years. I will not fail you when you need me the most. Slam me around, I can take it."

Yes my mini is my baby. I adopted her because she is tougher than I am. I will not dishonor the friend who sold it to me by fixing these little imperfections. They are what he and I both love about this rifle. And yes, I did tell him if he ever wants it back, I will sell it back to him for what I paid. Part of me hopes he will stay happy with the range vistation that he currently has, I'm kind of attatched to her.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 12-22-2012 at 08:21 PM.
People Like This