Mini 30

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Mini 30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mini 30

Hey everyone. Only my second post. I recently bought a used Mini 30 and it is very clean and the action works nicely. I also got some 3K 10 rnd mags. I took it out for the first time today and the bolt wasn’t feeding the rounds in correctly. The bolt would miss the rim and slide half way up the case and jam up. I thought it might be the mag, but I tried again with the factory 5 rnd mag and had the same problem. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
KMO
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just so we're clear about what is occurring...You release the slide and it doesn't pick up the top round out of the magazine as it slides forward? Is the round moved at all? Can you tell what is stopping it? Are you releasing your hand from the slide handle at the complete rearward position, or following the handle forward with your hand still gripping it? How old is the recoil spring? We need more information in order to narrow this down a bit.

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com