Mini-14 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Mini-14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

I like your dark stock. Did you do that your self? My 181 has the light stock and I have always liked the wood hand guard. Mine also keeps her open sights. I very rarerly shoot from a rest its walking or standing some times I may be lazy and be sitting. Even though mine is old, if I miss its always been my fault.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #32

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

You speak of Accuracy..99% of weapons, wether it be handgun or rifle, is more accurate than the person shooting it. Sure if you shoot 200 rds or more at a time, it may be affected. I used mine for Prairie dog shooting one spring, and the "accuracy" did diminish when the barrel got hot. I don't care what you shoot or what it costs, the same will happen. Ammo has it effects also. Shoot Wolf ammo, then say Hornady, and see a difference. A Mini 14 is capable of shooting 500 rounds or more before it needs to be cleaned. I rest my case..

Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #33

Liked 35 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbernater View Post
I like your dark stock. Did you do that your self? My 181 has the light stock and I have always liked the wood hand guard. Mine also keeps her open sights. I very rarerly shoot from a rest its walking or standing some times I may be lazy and be sitting. Even though mine is old, if I miss its always been my fault.
Yes, I did a home refinish job on my stock. It was light like yours originally.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #34

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRog View Post
You speak of Accuracy..99% of weapons, wether it be handgun or rifle, is more accurate than the person shooting it. Sure if you shoot 200 rds or more at a time, it may be affected. I used mine for Prairie dog shooting one spring, and the "accuracy" did diminish when the barrel got hot. I don't care what you shoot or what it costs, the same will happen. Ammo has it effects also. Shoot Wolf ammo, then say Hornady, and see a difference. A Mini 14 is capable of shooting 500 rounds or more before it needs to be cleaned. I rest my case..
There you go, that's what I like to have and strive for, weapons that are more accurate than what I'm capable of (I'm old and just a bit shaky). But it's amazing what a rifle or handgun that's accurate can do for me. Years ago I owned a stainless Mini 14 that with just the peep site got a buck at 100 yards uphill right between the eyes, off hand. Made a believer out of me considering the rifle was out of the box accurate. I now own a 1995 built SS Mini 14 Ranch with scope that I need to site in when I get some free time from home projects. Over the years I've only owned one Mini 14 I didn't care for and that's only because it was a .222 Ranch, all the others I wish I still owned.