Magazine loader

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Magazine loader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Magazine loader

Has anyone found a good stripper clip magazine loader?

I originally tried to use one that was supplied with an ammo can of 5.56 and did more cursing than loading. I looked around and bought
http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/speedloaders-accessories/magazine-speedloaders/ruger-mini-14-striplula--prod27086.aspx?avs|Make~~Model_1=Ruger__Mini-14

Now I do more loading than cursing, but the cursing is still there. The first stripper clip goes well, but sometimes the second just turns into a disaster. It is still better than hand loading so I keep using it.

So before I throw away money on another PITA device I thought I would ask your advice. Is there a reliable stripper clip magazine loader out there?

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #2

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

That is the only device I have seen used. You might ask the same question in the ammunition & reloading forum for better exposure.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #3

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

I've used this tool for many years for both my Mini-14 and AC556.

http://www.cammenga.com/product_p/rel223.htm

I doesnot use Stripper clips. Cartridges are inserted in the loader one at a time.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Stripper clips and clip guides is in how you use em.

They work best using a hard surface to ram the cartridges into a magazine with the clip as close to the edge of whatever your using close as possible.

Pushing with a finger or thumb in the center of the top cartridge is going to jam em up every time.

Showed my wife how to use one properly and she was thrilled with how easy the issue clips and guides work

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I am starting to think my biggest problem is that I am not using "Ruger" Mags. The Pro Mags I own don't match up well to the loader. The first groove in the mag is too far forward to match up to the loader making it tippy. The cammenga may be just the thing.

The only Ruger Mag I own is the 5 rounder the rifle came with. I know lots of people will only use Ruger Mags, but in my experience the aftermarket ones work pretty well at half the price. YMMV (your milage may vary).