Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Mini-14 Forum (
-   -   list your top five (

hawkguy 12-29-2013 01:23 AM

list your top five
list your top 5 additions to the mini 14 platform. these product could be related to looks, accuracy, accessories, optics, cleaning.....whatever you think a new mini owner should invest in.....:).....provide links, pics...whatever you want to do.

if you exceed 5....put the products (over 5) in your "honorable mention" section. :cool:....hopefully this could provide good info for mini newbies....

hawkguy 12-29-2013 01:37 AM

i have come across many good products for the mini over the years. if i had to choose 5 it would likely be:

1) WARNE QD rings: this just makes sense imo. not only a great product, but very handy in removing the scope for cleaning while maintaining very close to zero. great at the range to when you want some time with scope AND irons.

2) choate hand guard: although my true love will always be for the old school wood hand guards, the choate is definately a second best imo (and at a great cost). dump that ugly factory number ASAP imo.

3) accu-strut: does what a strut is supposed to do for a mini (accuracy improvement, heat sink) and i appreciate the thorough testing accu-strut did to prove their product.

4) specter gear 2 point sling: love it! fits the looks of the mini and works well imo.

5) ANY flexible cleaning rod: will save you a headache cleaning imo.

honorable mentions: ruger factory mags (only ones worth having imo), wilson 1911 buffers, redfield revolution 2-7 scope (good glass, perfect fit), john masen recoil pad (for looks), wipeout bore cleaner, hornady v-max ammo (very accurate in my gun).

will report back if i missed somethin'! :D

hawkguy 12-29-2013 01:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my mini sporting a few of my "top five"....that specter gear sling....plain sexy imo! :p

sandog 12-30-2013 12:02 AM

My top five:
1) Ruger factory mags
2) Ultimak
3) Accustrut
4) Tech sight
5)Hogue stock

p35bhp55 12-31-2013 08:06 PM

1. Gundoc trigger job.

2. Glass bedded stock.

3. Warne Q.D. rings. (Can't be posted enough)

4. Threaded barrel. (to try different muzzle parts)

5. Inch lb. torque wrench. (For gas block)

And for me "The Arms Room" light mount and Gundocs' reduced gas bushing.

Charley 01-03-2014 01:38 AM

1. FACTORY mags
2. Accu-Strut
3. Warne rings
4. Choate stock
5. FACTORY mags :D

Steel_Talon 01-03-2014 01:56 AM

1. Houge Overmolded stock
2. Fixed 4 or 6 power scope
3. Trigger Job
4. A strut
5. Muzzle break

hawkguy 01-03-2014 02:30 AM

good input, guys....keep it coming!

this was kinda what i expected and hoped for. some the best, most reliable products/addition keep re-appearing in different posters lists....:)....some great input for the new mini owner.

if there are any less popular, yet effective additions....add it to this thread.

hawkguy 01-03-2014 06:31 PM

p35bhp55;1471345]1. Gundoc trigger job.

2. Glass bedded stock.
good choices! these have always, imo....stayed among the most "go to" mods for mini 14 accuracy. i think many MINI newbies need to be aware of the legend GUN DOC. :)

5. Inch lb. torque wrench. (For gas block)
useful for fixing your gas block, and once you have a torque wrench you end using it for so many different things.

good additions! :)

hawkguy 01-03-2014 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Charley (Post 1472994)
1. FACTORY mags
2. Accu-Strut
3. Warne rings
4. Choate stock
5. FACTORY mags :D

great list....but did you mention FACTORY MAGS? ;)

i have had ONE malfunction in 1500 rounds in my mini 14.....using GUESS WHAT? a PROMAG! haven't used it since! :o