Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Kinda lost,,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 15

I am going to tear it down again tomorrow and make sure my fat fingers didn't flip the op/guide rod over by accident.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #12

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

What ammo was you using? My mini has WC1911 buffers on the op rod and gas block and it will not shoot russian steel cased ammo. It fails to eject and double feeds. Personally I think its underpowered. None of my handloads or any brass cased factory ammo has ever caused me any problems. I like my mini with the 2 buffer setup so I dont plan on changing it to accomodate steel cased ammo.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #13

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I use a flat vacuum cleaner belt for buffers, cut the center hole with a 9mm case. Most places carry them, extremely durable, not too thick and you have plenty extra material.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #14

I was using Brown Bear.

Any paticuliar vacuum belt?

Old 12-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieduo View Post
I was thinking the rear is on the op-rod.
IMHO the Takedown is very accurate. Granted I am sure with a few mods it will prolly drive tacks at a distance. The BX mag is awesome also. I am just kicking myself because I only picked up one instead of a few. Especially after the issues these aftermarkets are giving me. I may just put them in the bottom of my range bag for a SHTF moment and get me a few Ruger mags.
I have run into aftermarket magazines that are to tall and touch the bottom of the firing pin block. Often the difference is so subtle you don't notice the magazine is dragging. Just use a mill bastard file to take a few thousands off the top of the magazine. Promag magazines are especially problematic. There is no need to toss a magazine when you can fix it so simply.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #16

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieduo View Post
I was using Brown Bear.

Any paticuliar vacuum belt?
Anything that is 1/2" wide or better, they are made of a hard cured rubber and will hold up to heat well.
I will use a flat pair of pliers and bend the lips of the Promags or tap them down slightly. The metal used by Promag is not as hard as Rugers.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #17

I will look into the vacuum belt.

As for the mags,,I think my best option IMHO is to just get some factory mags. I haven't been impressed with these since purchase. teach me to buy something without checking this forum huh.
keep your eyes posted because there will be four mags up for sale soon as I get some pics. Unless someone has trades.