how many? what next?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > how many? what next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3015 Times on 1801 Posts
Likes Given: 2033

Default how many? what next?

just a curiosity thread.

no need to answer if you think "they" are watching.....

how many mini guns do y'all own? if/when you got another, which mini would it be?

i'll start....i only own one mini ....a stainless ranch you have seen many pictures of ....i love it, but i have gotten it looking and shooting pretty much how i want....so, all that is left is shooting it!

i can't justify another mini in my small "collection." just too many holes in my gun hobby to justify a duplicate of ANY gun, even a gorgeous mini..i could probably sell another gun & get it....but like i said....with so few guns...2 minis seems a bit much.

once upon a time, the stainless mini tactical was quite a rarity. however, ruger has listed them again as standard staple...man, i don't know why, but i would really like to have one.

SO....if i could get another mini tomorrow...it would be a stainless tactical!
i've already got a spare wood stock waiting for it!

5819.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #2

Liked 3015 Times on 1801 Posts
Likes Given: 2033

of course, if i'm dreaming, a new stainless tactical would look mighty fine in a factory folder....

ruger-mini-14-folding-stock.jpg  

Old 08-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #3

Liked 113 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 143

I have three, four if you count the one that lives at my buddies house. One is heavily modded, one is as close to a rifle as I could get it and the last is a 580 Tactical. What stopped my projecting was the gun crunch with a gunsmith backlog and then my job ended. In the months before that all I thought about was getting ammo and ARs after Sandy Hook. I'll see if I can post a pic or so.

Crap, wrong pic. Old Savage 110 tactical

phone-trash-041.jpg  

Last edited by p35bhp55; 08-08-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9131 Times on 3945 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Just once. would love to see a pic with sox like these-

toe-sox.jpg

Was checking my inventory photos and realized they were all taken on beige carpet, me wearing beige sox- and so does everyone else!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #5

And now I'll try again. Full length barrel, Larger B&C stock, has Gundoc trigger, needs a rear sight and more work. Burris FullfieldII 3x9x40 in Warne QD rings.

phone-trash-062.jpg  

Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #6

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Just once. would love to see a pic with sox like these-

Attachment 113290

Was checking my inventory photos and realized they were all taken on beige carpet, me wearing beige sox- and so does everyone else!
There IS a picture of my old 65-3 around here somewhere...with my pink fuzzy bunny slipper ensconced feet in the background. I still have those slippers.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #7

[QUOTE=c3shooter;1329353]Just once. would love to see a pic with sox like these-

Attachment 113290

Was checking my inventory photos and realized they were all taken on beige carpet, me wearing beige sox- and so does everyone else![/QUOTE

Only tan on the end...Carhartt steel toe socks. If you are on concrete 12 hours a day they are a must. But now that I'm home if someone wants to send me a pair like yours.....I still won't wear them

Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5795 Times on 3026 Posts
Likes Given: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
just a curiosity thread.

no need to answer if you think "they" are watching.....

how many mini guns do y'all own? if/when you got another, which mini would it be?

i'll start....i only own one mini ....a stainless ranch you have seen many pictures of ....i love it, but i have gotten it looking and shooting pretty much how i want....so, all that is left is shooting it!

i can't justify another mini in my small "collection." just too many holes in my gun hobby to justify a duplicate of ANY gun, even a gorgeous mini..i could probably sell another gun & get it....but like i said....with so few guns...2 minis seems a bit much.

once upon a time, the stainless mini tactical was quite a rarity. however, ruger has listed them again as standard staple...man, i don't know why, but i would really like to have one.

SO....if i could get another mini tomorrow...it would be a stainless tactical!
i've already got a spare wood stock waiting for it!
i just wish ruger made a mini in 30-06 semi auto that could handle rounds up to 220grains. that and get rid of that birdcage hider they ike to use on everything.

ive always wanted a mini but in a caliber other than 223 or 7.62x39 i would love one in 30carbine, 30-06, 308, maybe a few others.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #9

580 Tactical with obsolete Ramline stock topped with a Leo 1.5x5 in Warne QD rings.

phone-trash-065.jpg   phone-trash-066.jpg  

Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #10

!83 series, used to be GB, now zombie gun I guess. Currently sits in a Choate folder with a Butler Creek swing arm.

My buddy and I will someday make a deal on my 196, I think. So it's probably gone, these will be it for me, I can spend the rest of my life messing with them. If the 196 shows up for some reason it will wear the Bayo lug sight removed from the GB,

phone-trash-080.jpg  

Last edited by p35bhp55; 08-08-2013 at 02:36 AM.
hawkguy Likes This