got my strut - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > got my strut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39 View Post
God I wish we had enough cayotes around here. We have them but they are scarce. I would love to varmit plink too, but no wide open field with prarie dogs either. I think that would be a friggin blast.
Be thankful you don't have a large coyote population. Where I'm from, the coyote population has exploded and that means small and medium game populations have suffered. I have seen some nice larger deer this year, but not as many fawns and smaller deer. Rabbits are scarce as well...

Old 10-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 973 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 1255

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I'mgoing to be trying to put some buffers in it before I do much more shooting. The things throws brass farther than I can :-) then I will look at the challenges in the stickies. I'm looking forward to having a mini that can shoot good. Thinking about getting a hogue stock soon...the factory stock is way to shot. I'm 6'6" and I need about two more inches of stock in order to make it more comfortable to shoot.
In the interim get the Choate recoil pad for your mini,simple cheap way to get some more length to tour factory stack.. Its a simple R&R install no sanding etc. Just a screw...

John mason pad fohttp://www.midwayusa.com/product/425407/john-masen-recoil-pad-ruger-10-22-44-carbine-mini-14-and-mini-30-rifle-extended-rubber-blackr the mini

Ruger 2 inch sahttp://www.tacticalaccessories.com/products/viewproduct.php?id_product=223me as choate

Become steel or get cut.

Last edited by Steel_Talon; 10-26-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1971 Times on 1367 Posts
Likes Given: 1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
In the interim get the Choate recoil pad for your mini,simple cheap way to get some more length to tour factory stack.. Its a simple R&R install no sanding etc. Just a screw...
Or a Shooterpads gel filled one. For $20, pulls over, looks professional enough, and soaks up recoil.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #24

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1879

Quote:
That's the stock right there. I ended up picking up the small limbsaver recoil pad and put it on there. I think I am going to have to put some two sided tape or something on it because it doesn't want to stay on the stock too well. But it shoulders a lot better for me with my long arms and the eye relief for the scope is about as perfuleft as I could ask for. So that problem is solved now. Got all the locktite put on this morning, waiting for it to dry and plan on shooting it again in the morning unless I decide to go turkey hunting instead.
15.99...it'll fit like a glove....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/425407/

Old 10-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #25

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1879

Quote:
Ya know hawkguy, from one mini fan to another you should invite me down to the state of Texas to shoot some hogs with this mini ;-). I think that we would be able tk ...ummmm...do some scientific tests on whether the mini could withstand the pressure of a Texas hog hunt...?

I think it sounded good anyway :-D
i had a friend who has a family ranch supposedly infested with hogs. his dad invited me to clean some off....but my friend never wants to go out there.

i'd love to chart some scientific evidence of mini hog performance.......eh, not to be i guess....